Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2022 2:39 pm  #11

Re: Is it okay to switch your favorite team?

Rugrat wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Not sure if it makes things better or worse but that 5,000 seat stadium does not belong to the Coyotes nor did they build it / put a single cent into it. It is a gorgeous arena suitable for ASU hockey, the ones who actually unveiled it and call it theirs. It is not an "abomonation" in any way. The Coyotes are in the process of getting a new stadium approved and built. Right now they are freeloaders.

By abomination I meant the old arena, Gila River Arena (or Jobing.com arena). That place was total crap. Seems like most people here say Kraken. I went to a Kraken game in January and it was a great experience, so I have that going for me.

For the sake of the Arizona fans, I do hope the Yotes can find a way to stay put. I say this because I would feel extremely bad if the Yotes got taken away from you guys.

2/08/2024 4:17 pm  #12

The answer to this is such a tremendous source of internal conflict- the sort of unrealistic/tribal/release valve for sort of primitive/quasi-religious thought element of sports suggests that you should basically never switch (unless you are in a situation where your local market is without a team and gets one), but as time goes on so many teams have ownership that frankly do not deserve your support take that tribalism for granted.

The Coyotes do for sure seem one of those latter situations!

2/10/2024 3:59 am  #13

I know this ain't related to the Yotes or ice hockey, but, in the case of a European, switching teams can be something difficult, it's better to keep the changes secret and everything, I was a Real Madrid fan because, well, Cristiano Ronaldo, but then I switched to Athletic Bilbao, it was a more secret change, Athletic Bilbao is very passionate about their culture, when I made the change, I felt more passionate, I have gone to a football match to see Athletic play, something I haven't done when I was a Real Madrid fan (I mean, I didn't even have a Real Madrid t-shirt).

Tho, if it is gonna be a rival team, well, get ready for trash talking, tho, that is mostly in Europe, sure, there are rivalries in the US with hatred in eachother's eyes.

So, in conclusion, switching teams is ok, but it is better to make it secretive, and if you are being trash talked about your switch to a new team, just ignore the trash talking, do what you gotta do man.

Last edited by GoosetavoMan (2/10/2024 4:03 am)

Fictional sports league and country fanatic.
If cows were made of grass, would they feed on grass?

Board footera