Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2022 10:27 am  #2061

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Wow, I was a little concerned  about HFX opening the season against Louisville, guess I needn’t have been. What a start!

6/26/2022 5:03 pm  #2062

Fresh off the grill, it's week 2 baby!

1968 Week 2

Roster Moves
BUF: TE Jean-Pierre Beaumont - Active Roster -> Injured Reserve
BUF: TE Preston Lambert - Free Agent -> Active Roster
LI: DL Abraham Evans Jr. - Active Roster -> Injured Reserve
LI: DL Jim Kennedy - Reserve List -> Active Roster

Long Island Raiders - 18, Louisville Thunder - 24 - Long Island Stadium - June 28, 1968 - 7 PM ET - FNF - Weather: Cloudy
1st Q
0-7 LOU - PTD QB Buck Murphy -> WR Carter Henderson
2nd Q
1-7 LI - Single K Henderson Schumacher
1-14 LOU - PTD QB Buck Murphy -> WR Casey Coleman
4-14 LI - FG K Henderson Schumacher
3rd Q
4-21 LOU - PTD QB Buck Murphy -> WR Casey Coleman
11-21 LI - RTD RB Dareion Fields
4th Q
11-24 LOU - FG K Frank Hughes
18-24 LI - PTD QB Ivan Sanchez -> WR Otto Washington

QB Buck Murphy bounced back from a rough week 1, starting the game off with a touchdown throw to WR Carter Henderson.
QB Ivan Sanchez was not as lucky for the Raiders, throwing an interception in the opening quarter.
Louisville was lucky to have two elite WRs as Casey Coleman shined in the absence of WR Lloyd Lane, scoring a pair of touchdowns to give them a 4-21 lead.
Sanchez would continue to struggle, with several incompletions, as well as a 2nd interception, however, definitely on TE Andrew Matthias for having hands like butter, luckily his own defence did get that pick right back.
Sanchez would recover in the second half to lead the Raiders on a comeback campaign but ran out of time.

Indiana Victors - 28, Pittsburgh Blacksmiths - 13 - Victory Stadium - June 29, 1968 - 3 PM ET - Weather: Clear
1st Q
0-3 PIT - FG K Al Highlander
2nd Q
7-3 IND - PTD QB Tom Applewhite -> RB Raymond Green
3rd Q
14-3 IND - PTD QB Tom Applewhite -> TE Eric Peterson
14-6 PIT - FG K Al Highlander
21-6 IND - PTD QB Tom Applewhite -> WR Ed Edwards
4th Q
21-13 PIT - PTD QB Louis Vaughn -> WR Orlando Barrack
28-13 IND - RTD RB Raymond Green

Pittsburgh’s defence came out of the gate looking sharp, forcing Indy to 3 straight 2 and outs, however, their luck would run out with a fantastic drive leading to a Raymond Green touchdown.
The floodgates were open for the Victors as they would extend their lead to 21-6 with two more majors in the 3rd.
Louis Vaughn was able to counter with a touchdown of his own to former Victors’ WR Orlando Barrack but was then picked off on his next attempt by DB Cameron Taylor, to set up a game-clinching Raymond Green touchdown.

Boston Independents - 34, Montreal Rouge - 16 - Richardson Stadium - June 29, 1968 - 7 PM ET - SNF - Weather: Cloudy
1st Q
7-0 BOS - PTD QB Nathaniel Braddock -> WR Zachariah Pembroke
7-3 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
14-3 BOS - RTD RB Reggie Whitehead
2nd Q
17-3 BOS - FG K Woody Woodstock
17-6 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
20-6 BOS - FG K Woody Woodstock
3rd Q
27-6 BOS - PTD QB Nathaniel Braddock -> WR Zachariah Pembroke
27-9 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
4th Q
27-16 MTL - PTD QB Gene Bishop -> WR Taylor Karis
34-16 BOS - RTD RB Rodney Clark

Boston aimed to bounce back from their tough week 1 loss to the Blacksmiths with a strong first quarter.
RB Reggie Whitehead finally scored his first career touchdown to help give Boston the 14-3 lead.
Boston would maintain control with QB Nathaniel Braddock having a field day with the Rouge defence.
Montreal’s pass-heavy offence was not a great match for the Independents’ defence which has its strength in pass coverage.
Bishop threw a couple of interceptions in the loss but did finally score a touchdown following a botched punt from rookie K Woody Woodstock.

Providence Gold Stars - 11, Halifax Mariners - 27 - New Providence Stadium - June 30, 1968 - 1 PM ET - Weather: Cloudy
1st Q
7-0 PRO - DTD INT DB Neville Falkner
7-7 HFX - PTD QB Lyle Painter -> WR Jav Kerrigan
2nd Q
7-10 HFX - FG K Albert Wickerweaver
7-17 HFX - RTD RB Ronald O’Sullivan
3rd Q
8-17 PRO - Single K Elvis Franklin
8-24 HFX - PTD QB Lyle Painter -> WR Edward Webb
4th Q
8-27 HFX - FG K Albert Wickerweaver
11-27 PRO - FG K Elvis Franklin

Two strong defences were ready to battle in Providence, however, one defence would play better than the other.
While an early Neville Falkner pick-6 made it appear like the Gold Stars’ defence was going to be the winner, the Mariners' defence would only allow 4 points from the Gold Stars’ offence throughout the game.
QB Lyle Painter bounced back from the early pick-6 to throw a pair of touchdowns, including Edward Webb’s first.
DL Wayne Baxton was a big problem for veteran QB Connor O’Rourke as he stripped the QB for a fumble as well as grabbed 2 sacks.
Ben McMillan has clearly rejuvenated the Mariners’ defence, however, time will tell if they can keep it up.

Toronto Steelheads - 31, Buffalo Blue Wings - 30 - Anderson Stadium - June 30, 1968 - 4 PM ET - Weather: Partly Cloudy - Game of the Week
1st Q
0-3 BUF - FG K Ryan Perch
3-3 TOR - FG K Vic Greatwood
2nd Q
3-10 BUF - PTD QB Charles Lemieux -> TE Paul Arturberry
6-10 TOR - FG K Vic Greatwood
6-13 BUF - FG K Ryan Perch
3rd Q
6-20 BUF - PTD QB Charles Lemieux -> WR Jimmy Jack
13-20 TOR - RTD RB Max Tracy
13-23 BUF - FG K Ryan Perch
4th Q
20-23 TOR - RTD RB Max Tracy
23-23 TOR - FG K Vic Greatwood
23-30 BUF - RTD RB Jimmy Golden
29-30 TOR - PTD QB Todd Baker -> WR Al Allmendinger
31-30 TOR - 2PT QB Todd Baker -> RB Max Tracy

A thrilling game in Toronto got off to a slow start with both teams trading field goals in the first quarter.
In the second Buffalo started to pull away with a Paul Arturberry touchdown.
Lemieux would add a second passing touchdown to Jimmy Jack to start the second half, while Toronto would finally counter with RB Max Tracy.
A rare mistake from Charles Lemieux would result in a Dwayne James interception that would give Tracy a short run to the endzone.
After a defensive stop, Toronto would tie up the game with a field goal.
Buffalo would be able to counter with a strong late-game drive to retake the lead with limited time left.
The ensuing kickoff would end up being taken back into Buffalo territory with RB Lukas Ivarsson using his elusiveness.
The Steelheads would get down and score a touchdown to pull within one.
However, Toronto decided to gamble for the win, feeling they would not be able to top Buffalo in overtime and would go for two instead of taking one.
A screen pass to Max Tracy would work perfectly allowing the Steelheads to shock the Blue Wings on a game-winning score.

Ottawa Royals - 13, London Tigers - 14 - Royals Stadium at Brewer Park - July 1, 1968 - 6 PM ET - Canada Day - Weather: Partly Cloudy
1st Q
0-7 LDN - RTD RB Austin Andrews
2nd Q
3-7 OTT - FG K Ira Foster
6-7 OTT - FG K Ira Foster
3rd Q
13-7 OTT - RTD RB Corbyn Knight
4th Q
13-14 LDN - PTD QB Riley Kiernan -> WR Joshua Lafleur

Ottawa’s home opener did not start well with London getting up to a 0-7 lead in the first minute of the game after a fumble on the opening kickoff would give London great field position.
The middle quarters would shift into Ottawa’s favour, with the defence shutting down the Tigers, and the offence scoring 13 points.
However, QB Tyrion Gainsborough’s inexperience showed in the final quarter, throwing a crucial interception that allowed the Tigers to take the lead.
Gainsborough was unable to lead a game-winning drive, throwing a second interception.
While Gainsborough did have a bad game, don’t discount the Tigers for still taking advantage of the mistakes and playing strong defence all around, even if the offence wasn’t spectacular.

Injury Report
DB Dean Hawkins BUF - 6 Weeks
LB Linus Kinjerski BUF - Day-to-Day
S Neil Graham LDN - 1 Week
LB Calvin Hardy MTL - Day-to-Day
WR Ferdinand Matthews OTT - 1 Week
OL Matt Helmut OTT - 6 Weeks
DL Newton Dalton PRO - 8 Weeks

Players of the Week

OFF: WR Casey Coleman LOU - 2 Receiving Touchdowns, 121 Receiving Yards

DEF: DL Wayne Baxton HFX - 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Sacks, 4 Tackles

Standings
WEST
Toronto 2-0
Buffalo 1-1
Indiana 1-1
Pittsburgh 1-1
London 1-1
Louisville 1-1

EAST
Halifax 2-0
Boston 1-1
Ottawa 1-1
Long Island 1-1
Montreal 0-2
Providence 0-2

Power Rankings
1 - Halifax +2
2 - Buffalo -1
3 - Indiana +1
4 - Louisville +2
5 - Boston +2
6 - Long Island -4
7 - Toronto +4
8 - Ottawa -3
9 - Pittsburgh -
10 - London +2
11 - Montreal -1
12 - Providence -4

Week 3 Games
LI (1-1) @ BOS (1-1) - JUL 4 - 6 PM ET - 4th of July
HFX (2-0) @ PIT (1-1) - JUL 5 - 7 PM ET - Friday Night Football
PRO (0-2) @ LOU (1-1) - JUL 6 - 3 PM ET
IND (1-1) @ OTT (1-1) - JUL 6 - 7 PM ET - Saturday Night Football
BUF (1-1) @ MTL (0-2) - JUL 7 - 1 PM ET
TOR (2-0) @ LDN (1-1) - JUL 7 - 4 PM ET

6/26/2022 5:25 pm  #2063

Great game for the Blue Wings even if it ended in defeat. Also, I've officially switched allegiance from Montreal to Buffalo. Go Wings Go.

6/26/2022 8:47 pm  #2064

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Great game for the Blue Wings even if it ended in defeat. Also, I've officially switched allegiance from Montreal to Buffalo. Go Wings Go.

Clear Bandwagon LMAO

6/26/2022 9:03 pm  #2065

Rugrat wrote:

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Clear Bandwagon LMAO

What do you mean bandwagon, I've supported Buffalo ever since my boy Charles Lemieux took over as the starting QB. I didn't show it on my sig because I didn't have a way to showcase that I supported both Montreal and Buffalo. I'll still cheer for the Rouge but Buffalo's my main team now.

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/26/2022 9:05 pm)

6/26/2022 9:30 pm  #2066

Rugrat wrote:

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Clear Bandwagon LMAO

True or false, why does someone’s alliance to a certain team that plays in a niche fictional sim story matter enough to make that accusation or any targeted accusation at all? Why not just let them enjoy this charming project in any way they find fit?

6/26/2022 10:36 pm  #2067

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Clear Bandwagon LMAO

True or false, why does someone’s alliance to a certain team that plays in a niche fictional sim story matter enough to make that accusation or any targeted accusation at all? Why not just let them enjoy this charming project in any way they find fit?

I was just giving him crap.

6/27/2022 8:09 am  #2068

Rugrat wrote:

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Clear Bandwagon LMAO

I bandwagoned ur mom last night

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/27/2022 10:02 am  #2069

Good win for us against Ottawa, hopefully the defense can continue to play well and we can get some more offensive production.

6/27/2022 1:33 pm  #2070

Big win over Providence! Hopefully the Mariner defense won’t stumble as the season wears on. Also got Defensive player of the week for Baxton! Let’s Goooo!

Last edited by RaysUp (6/27/2022 1:34 pm)

Board footera