Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2022 10:24 am  #11

Re: AltLB Legacy Project

I apologize for the delay. The owners and the players were in vicious negotiations and which therefore led to a strike and lockout. Meaning the 2004 season did not yield us a champion. The records for the 2004 season prior to the strike are in the Google Sheet. If the playoffs had started when the strike began the Vancouver Lumberjacks would have taken the top seed and Gritty Cup. But unfortunately it wasn't awarded that year. 

During the strike year we had a number of important baseball movies debut which featured AltLB teams. 
1.) Ken Burns Baseball 
2.) Little Big League featuring the New York Blackbirds
3.) Major League II - featuring the Oakland Squirrels
4.) Colts in the Outfield - featuring the Kansas City Colts

Here are the results of the 2005 season: 

(Note: the seedings for the AL are incorrect past the first round. forgot to update them..whoops)

Last edited by Gritty (5/28/2022 10:25 am)

5/28/2022 10:25 am  #12

Gritty wrote:

After a quick week off we are back with the fourth season of the AltLB Legacy Project. During the 2003 season we are excited to welcome both the Cincinnati Centaurs and the Havana Cubanos as the leagues first expansion teams. 

Barry Bonds (MVP) and Greg Maddux (Cy Young) both won major awards for the second year in a row despite both changing teams in the previous off season. 

This year we are starting to learn that you can only win the Alt World Series if you are a midwestern team. Chicago wins this year! 

Totally didn’t miss this the first go around, but yay us.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/28/2022 11:22 am  #13

Gritty wrote:

I apologize for the delay. The owners and the players were in vicious negotiations and which therefore led to a strike and lockout. Meaning the 2004 season did not yield us a champion. The records for the 2004 season prior to the strike are in the Google Sheet. If the playoffs had started when the strike began the Vancouver Lumberjacks would have taken the top seed and Gritty Cup. But unfortunately it wasn't awarded that year. 

During the strike year we had a number of important baseball movies debut which featured AltLB teams. 
1.) Ken Burns Baseball 
2.) Little Big League featuring the New York Blackbirds
3.) Major League II - featuring the Oakland Squirrels
4.) Colts in the Outfield - featuring the Kansas City Colts

Here are the results of the 2005 season: 

(Note: the seedings for the AL are incorrect past the first round. forgot to update them..whoops)

I gotta say, I don’t think Colts in the Outfield would make for a good movie. I’m just picturing the opposing fielder running to get the ball and a horse comes and kicks him.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/28/2022 1:24 pm  #14

Cool that the Blackbirds get a baseball movie after us!   Never seen it before, but I'm sure it's a classic.

5/28/2022 4:30 pm  #15

Stickman wrote:

Cool that the Blackbirds get a baseball movie after us!   Never seen it before, but I'm sure it's a classic.

It is the classic tale of the Blackbirds owner dying and leaving the team to his grandson in his will. Then a middle school little league kid runs an AltLB team. Classic

6/19/2022 12:48 pm  #16

2006 Season! Our first two time champion! 

League Database

6/19/2022 8:26 pm  #17

Get Deacon'd

Board footera