Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2022 11:18 am  #51

Re: AltLB Season - 2022

The Blackbirds lost last week, but moved up a spot?   Baseball Owner Stickman...is at peace with this, so Joe Torre gets to keep his job as manager after all!

5/16/2022 12:30 pm  #52

New tradition: complain about Dan's PR instead of Jam's! Awesome. Anyway the Griffins have won three straight, including two over previously undefeated teams, so why are we not in the top half of teams? Mathematical shenanigans, of course!

Anyway after taking a week-long break from posting graphics because of finals, we're back with this week's matchup. Back at home, this week we take on the Vancouver Lumberjacks who are coming off a road loss to the Thunderbirds.

5/16/2022 12:49 pm  #53

QCS, would you be interested in trading power ranks? Because the Las Vegas Atoms certainly don't feel like the 07th best team in the AltLB. Another tough L has dropped us to 02-03 before we host ... the 00-05 Chicago Pros. We'd be fairly confident in being able to beat the worst team in the league if they weren't consistently ranked at the bottom of the power rankings, which must mean they're really good. This week, we're sticking with the black alts, as shown by the AltLB's holds leader, Ryan Tepera.

EDIT: Oops! Just realized I included the wrong logo on the graphic. Here's the right one:

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

5/16/2022 1:05 pm  #54

Look, these power rankings are flawless. Seriously, I put together a formula filled with Wees and Seas, and you're all supposed to like it. The Griffins are 13th, QCS likes the number 13. It's perfect. The Atoms are benefitting from being good for the start of the season, so they're at 7. The Turtles have been really good and are at 1. The Talons and the Pros are in a tough fight over the 24th spot. Perfection, I tell you!

On the Bison side of things, we're coming off a tough loss to our rivals in Dallas. I can only assume it was because there was still some fear from hitting coach Robin Ventura when he saw Sidewinders manager Nolan Ryan, as our hitters stopped hitting. Either way, we get to head up to the Pacific Northwest this week to take on the Stags in Portland. Both teams coming off tough losses means only one thing: One of us is going on our first losing streak. Unless we tie. But ties are like kissing your sister. We're in the standard road uniforms this week, shown off here by the man behind the plate, Willson Contreras.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/22/2022 10:44 pm  #55

Well, it's over. Knockout is done. Thank you to everyone. I'm hoping to modify this for the next sport, as I want to see if we can keep people engaged throughout the season. But here's how AltLB ended:

-Darknes was eliminated with the Condors came from behind to beat the Saints.
-Dan O'Mac won the whole thing with the Atoms win over the Pros.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/22/2022 10:54 pm  #56

Power Rankings? Of course! Following week 6, the Tampa Bay Turtles are firmly at the top, retaining the 1 spot for 4th consecutive week. The big riser was the Oklahoma City Bison, moving up 6 spots. On the flipside, the Portland Stags were the big fallers, dropping 6 spots. The 24th spot changed hands to the 5th different team, as the Milwaukee Muskies have claimed the spot. They may need a touch more manager influence to climb out of this spot.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (5/22/2022 11:05 pm)

5/23/2022 11:51 am  #57

After a close loss to the Lumberjacks, the Griffins are limping into Week 7 with a depleted roster. However, star prospect Adley Rutschman has just been called up from Triple-A Charlotte and Grayson Rodriguez is also on the way, so things are looking up in Raleigh.

5/23/2022 1:12 pm  #58

Coming off a big win over the Stags in Portland, YOUR Oklahoma City Bison are staying in the Pacific Northwest and heading to Vancouver to take on the Lumberjacks. With both teams coming in off of wins last week, the Bison are looking to make it a winning streak with a second straight win. Showing off the uniforms for this week is star reliever J.P. Feyereisen!

5/23/2022 1:56 pm  #59

Ok, let's see here:

Week    Result   ΔPR
01         W        N/A
02         L         -04
03         L         no change
04         W        -01
05         L         no change
06         W        -02

Look, I could spend all day being baffled by the power rankings, but there are more important things at hand. Namely, this will be the first time that one of my teams plays in Boston. As many of you know, I spent the formative years of my childhood rooting for Boston teams and have watched many Masons games at the Amph (though never from the owner's box), so this will truly be a unique experience - at least until the next time it happens. As weird as it'll be rooting against the Masons, catcher and center fielder Daulton Varsho is modeling the alternates this week.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

5/23/2022 2:09 pm  #60

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Power Rankings? Of course! Following week 6, the Tampa Bay Turtles are firmly at the top, retaining the 1 spot for 4th consecutive week. The big riser was the Oklahoma City Bison, moving up 6 spots. On the flipside, the Portland Stags were the big fallers, dropping 6 spots. The 24th spot changed hands to the 5th different team, as the Milwaukee Muskies have claimed the spot. They may need a touch more manager influence to climb out of this spot.

I think the stag was too busy trying to find their antlers to be concerned with the six spot drop.

Board footera