Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2022 7:40 pm  #321

Re: AltLB Design Thread

We are very close to the AltLB Owner Draft. Expect it to be happening in the next couple of weeks. In preparation for that time we want to take a roll call for owners to make sure that you are still interested in owning a franchise. We have a number of current teams in the Alt Sports Universe that are unattended or minimal participation. We are looking to avoid that for the AltLB. We are only looking for owners who will be active in setting their lineups on a regular basis. 

Therefore, please PM me by next Wednesday 2/23 to lock in your position.

2/16/2022 8:46 pm  #322

Gritty wrote:

Yep I had made the correction on the post like three seconds after I made the post. See the top of it. Great job on those unis! 

yeah, I see it now. must've either missed it the first time or made it to the post before the edit. thanks!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

2/17/2022 6:33 pm  #323

And that's it! We have our AltLB! 

I wanted to thank everyone for their hard work on this project. We have only just begun the AltLB, but this has been the most aggressive undertaking that we have ever attempted. 

We have a few loose ends to tie up this week. A few color adjustments to be made but the uniforms that you see are all now available in the AltLB Store. 

From my post yesterday we are currently taking a roll call for the league. That roll call will conclude next Wednesday. On Thursday of next week we will have the ever famous Draft Lottery. At that point the draft order will be revealed. Then on Friday, February 25 we will begin the AltLB OWNER DRAFT.

After the draft is complete. There will be another draft; one that sorts the teams into their respective leagues. 

2/17/2022 9:38 pm  #324

Amazing, I wish I could own most of those hats. The designers really knocked it out of the park (hehe). There's several teams I could see myself trying to go for in the draft, though I'd probably be happy with any of them

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

2/18/2022 6:15 pm  #325

Sorry guys, wok has been killing me. I have not had time to run stuff and my future is really busy. Unfortunately, I’ll have to pull out. Thank you guys for the opportunity, though.

2/20/2022 10:29 am  #326

Now that we have our AltLB franchises fully outfitted we have one more matter to take care. During the design process the issue of color palette was brought to the table. One of our guiding rules has consistently been that uniform designers are not to add colors to the design put forth by the logo designer. 

However the nature of baseball design created a grey area of this rule. Traditionally colors such as cream (off white), grey and powder blue have been used as uniform colors even though they are not part of the teams official colors. During the uniform design round there were a few winning designs that utilized cream / off white colors for the home uniform. 

To honor both the spirit of our rules and the nature of baseball we are going to have one final vote. I want to thank DireBear for graciously adjusting the uniforms to give the community options. Today we will vote on both Boston and Arizona. The options are to keep the winning designs as is or to opt for the white option. Additionally, I am putting forth my Squirrels design and their two color options. Just after the submission for the Oakland we adjusted the logo for the Squirrels to eliminate the gold (to avoid the similarity with Cincy). So your options are Squirrel Grey or keep the gold to reference the Oakland flag (swapping yellow for gold of course). This will be a one day poll. 

https://forms.gle/RcSLWmXoGJXiY4HW8

Just a reminder: 

WEDNESDAY - Deadline for owners to submit intention to play
THURSDAY - Owner Lottery + Draft Order
FRIDAY - Owner Draft Begins

2/20/2022 11:17 am  #327

Gritty wrote:

Now that we have our AltLB franchises fully outfitted we have one more matter to take care. During the design process the issue of color palette was brought to the table. One of our guiding rules has consistently been that uniform designers are not to add colors to the design put forth by the logo designer. 

However the nature of baseball design created a grey area of this rule. Traditionally colors such as cream (off white), grey and powder blue have been used as uniform colors even though they are not part of the teams official colors. During the uniform design round there were a few winning designs that utilized cream / off white colors for the home uniform. 

To honor both the spirit of our rules and the nature of baseball we are going to have one final vote. I want to thank DireBear for graciously adjusting the uniforms to give the community options. Today we will vote on both Boston and Arizona. The options are to keep the winning designs as is or to opt for the white option. Additionally, I am putting forth my Squirrels design and their two color options. Just after the submission for the Oakland we adjusted the logo for the Squirrels to eliminate the gold (to avoid the similarity with Cincy). So your options are Squirrel Grey or keep the gold to reference the Oakland flag (swapping yellow for gold of course). This will be a one day poll. 

https://forms.gle/RcSLWmXoGJXiY4HW8

Just a reminder: 

WEDNESDAY - Deadline for owners to submit intention to play
THURSDAY - Owner Lottery + Draft Order
FRIDAY - Owner Draft Begins

Here's my Squirrels design with the gold that was submitted, and the option with silver swapped in for the gold.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

2/20/2022 11:36 am  #328

Squirrel Grey reminds me of Earl Grey tea for some reason, not sure if the reference was intentional or not, but I got a kick out of it in any case!  Can't wait to see the finals results, as I think all 3 of these choices are going to look good no matter what wins out!

2/20/2022 3:28 pm  #329

Glad we're getting this option and shoutout to both Gritty and Dire for letting us adjust their designs. Can't wait for the owner draft, I'm super excited to get this party started!

2/21/2022 12:35 am  #330

Assuming that baseball happens sooner rather than later, I'm really excited for this!

Board footera