Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2021 10:40 am  #1

Help create a CPHL Team!

So, as the CPHL approaches another expansion, the teams need a brand. Hence we come to the dilemma. I cannot yet design a good monogram logo. Therefore, I ask for your aid!

The team is called Windsor United, and the background will come in time. For their logo, I want a Notre Dame style monogram as it seemed the only the way the ban would work.

This is what I have so far. Any and all critiques or suggestions would be most welcome and needed!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

1/19/2022 2:54 pm  #2

Re: Help create a CPHL Team!

Toronto ***** ***** 1943

1/19/2022 5:05 pm  #3

I believe you posted on discord what team this is, and I think this is a really solid start! couple of things I'd suggest:

1. if I'm correct, this logo is not supposed to be a flame, but that's what it looks like to me right now. I'd make that part black and the T red.
2. I'd also make those shapes a bit more swoopy, i.e. start them closer to the bottom of the T and have them follow a curve to get up to where they are now. this will keep the logo from being so wide and cut down on some negative space. (the T itself also seems very wide to me, but that's just personal preference.)
3. either eliminate the outlines or make them thicker. not having an outline seems a bit more true to the era, but up to you.

overall, there's a lot to like here, and I think this could be a really solid brand! excited to see where you take this with the uniforms.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

1/19/2022 6:06 pm  #4

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I believe you posted on discord what team this is, and I think this is a really solid start! couple of things I'd suggest:

1. if I'm correct, this logo is not supposed to be a flame, but that's what it looks like to me right now. I'd make that part black and the T red.
2. I'd also make those shapes a bit more swoopy, i.e. start them closer to the bottom of the T and have them follow a curve to get up to where they are now. this will keep the logo from being so wide and cut down on some negative space. (the T itself also seems very wide to me, but that's just personal preference.)
3. either eliminate the outlines or make them thicker. not having an outline seems a bit more true to the era, but up to you.

overall, there's a lot to like here, and I think this could be a really solid brand! excited to see where you take this with the uniforms.

I switched the colours, and it does look much better. However the shape is very tricky, and I'm not sure if I can make it thinner. I'll play around with it tomorrow.

Board footera