Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2021 1:50 pm  #71

Re: The AltHL Season 2021

Thanks, Dan! Speaking of long-standing commitments, I am obliged to present to you the most recent power rankings for the AltHL. There is some excitement to be had next week, with the #2 Wranglers and the #4 Rovers squaring off in the frigid Calgary air this week. There is also some razzle-dazzle at the bottom, with fewer than one bee (bees are the units of JHALO determination) separating the Angels and the Shockers. As for your team (unless already mentioned), here is how they did:

hehe bees

12/13/2021 5:27 pm  #72

the bighorns will gladly vibe in 10th place until playoff time, when we will rise to the semifinals once again

12/15/2021 9:32 pm  #73

Hey there, designers! Remember when we voted on outdoor games for the last AltHL season? Well, we meant to create logos for them but sadly COVID got in the way. Well, I've been given the commissioner's blessing to bring that back! For this season we'll be using the three games we voted on back then but starting next offseason we'll vote on new ones and make new logos. With that out of the way, here's what's up:

We're going with two weeks to make this logo. You can submit logos until the end of Thursday, December 30. The games you're making logos for are:

The Civic Series: Central Park, New York, hosted by the Gargoyles.
The Arctic Classic: Lumen Field, Seattle, hosted by the Seawolves. (Although maybe this one now is in Starbucks Stadium, home of the Steelheads)
The Atlas Championship: Celtic Park, Glasgow, hosted by the Rovers.

The only requirement is that it includes the full name of the game (Arctic Classic, Civic Series, Atlas Championship). The rest of the design is up to you! When you submit, please just submit the logo on a transparent background. Submit your logos to wbdibella@gmail.com.

As always, just message me if you have any questions or need more time. Be creative! Lean in to either city symbols, team symbols, or whatever you want! Happy designing!

12/20/2021 10:27 am  #74

One week after having an average score of 114.7 collectively, COVID slowed the league to an average of 79.1. Some teams won; others lost. I think that's how hockey works. Of note: the East has four teams in the top six, and the Angels have passed two teams!

12/20/2021 1:02 pm  #75

Another week down, and no one was eliminated! These three guys have got this thing figured out. For now, at least.

- Darknes survived by selecting the Vancouver Glaciers to lose to the Minnesota Loons.
- DireBear moves on to Week 11 by virtue of picking the Vancouver Glaciers to lose to the Minnesota Loons.
- IDM is onto the next week, he chose the Vancouver Glaciers to lose to the Minnesota Loons.

MAKE YOUR PICKS!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/22/2021 11:10 am  #76

Hello Everyone!

As you now know the league is taking a brief hiatus due to the Covid situation in the league. A couple of notes about how our league will deal with the situation. 

Unfortunately Fantrax finalized the week and awarded wins already. We will be adjusting this so don't get excited if you woke up this morning with an unexpected win. 

The plan is that we will be merging this week with the next one. That hasn't been done yet on Fantrax but I will update you again when we get it done. Working with a Fantrax guy to get the job done for us.

Due to the Olympics falling through we have picked up two extra AltHL games. The games that were missed this week in the NHL will be rescheduled during that time. 

Once again there will be an update soon. Hope everyone has a great holiday! 

12/22/2021 12:22 pm  #77

Gritty wrote:

Hello Everyone!

As you now know the league is taking a brief hiatus due to the Covid situation in the league. A couple of notes about how our league will deal with the situation. 

Unfortunately Fantrax finalized the week and awarded wins already. We will be adjusting this so don't get excited if you woke up this morning with an unexpected win. 

The plan is that we will be merging this week with the next one. That hasn't been done yet on Fantrax but I will update you again when we get it done. Working with a Fantrax guy to get the job done for us.

Due to the Olympics falling through we have picked up two extra AltHL games. The games that were missed this week in the NHL will be rescheduled during that time. 

Once again there will be an update soon. Hope everyone has a great holiday! 

You have an in with Fantrax for this forum? Nice. 

12/27/2021 4:57 pm  #78

Hey, with last week being completely and utterly useless (the 48ers will take that "W"), last week's picks don't count! Darknes, DireBear, IDM... MAKE YOUR PICKS!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/30/2021 11:00 am  #79

Hey everybody! With today being the original deadline for the AltHL Event Game logos and me having only received one, I think I'll extend the deadline for one more week. So by the end of January 6th is when you have to get these logos in to wbdibella@gmail.com.

As a reminder, we have:
The Arctic Classic: Lumen Field, Seattle
The Civic Series: Central Park, New York
The Atlas Championship: Celtic Park, Glasgow, Scotland

Let me know if you have any questions.

1/03/2022 12:49 am  #80

It is done. Finished. We have a winner!

- DireBear was eliminated when the 48ers took the Racers down convincingly.
- Darknes was shown the door when the Dragons used some late-Sunday heroics to knock off the Owls.
- IDM successfully picked a team to lose when he selected the Ottawa Guardians to lose to the Minnesota Loons.

With that, IDM is YOUR 2021-22 AltHL Knockout Champion. That comes with a grand prize of... nothing really. I guess if you ever come to Wisconsin, I'll give you a crisp high five.

Board footera