Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2021 3:12 am  #2661

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Ellsworth is a town in Wisconsin with a population of about 2,500 located a little southeast of River Falls, who is sure to become a rival. They will be joining the majority of their fellow Wisconsin teams in the MAHL in the St. Croix Hockey League and will play their home games at the Pierce County Fairgrounds which can seat 1,000.

The team was named the "Curds" in honor of the town's pride and passion, cheese curds. Ellsworth is known as the "Cheese Curd Capital of Wisconsin" which is really saying something when you consider how crazy about cheese they are over there. The Cheeseheads logo is a wishbone C with "urds" inside to spell out Curds. The teams official colors are burnt orange and gold.

11/21/2021 3:22 am  #2662

St. Paul Park is a town on the shores of the Mississippi with a little less than 5,000 residents. Park shares a border with Cottage Grove and will also share a home as they will play at 1,178 seat Cottage Grove Ice Arena. The Rocks will be joining the St. Croix Hockey League.

They will be called the "Shamrocks" because of the high percentage of people from Park being of Irish descent. Their logo is a shamrock with three leaves, in each leaf is a letter spelling out SPP for St. Paul Park. The Shamrocks colors are kelly green and white.

11/21/2021 3:31 am  #2663

Stewartville is a growing town to the south of Rochester with a current population of over 4,250. They will be joining the Valley Hockey League and will call 550 seat Stewartville Civic Center home.

The team decided to go with "Scarlets" as their nickname. Their logo is a stylized S for Stewartville in a scarlet roundel.

11/21/2021 3:36 am  #2664

Kasson is a town west of Rochester with a population of around 3,250. The Cavs will also be joining the Valley Hockey League, and they will play their home games at the Dodge County Fairgrounds which can seat 1,000.

The team will be called the "Cavaliers". Their logo is a KC monogram in the team colors of navy and orange.

That concludes the 1986 Offseason, let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

11/21/2021 1:38 pm  #2665

I don’t know why, but Robbinsdale just hits so right for me *remembers the K. Trevor Wilson stand up bit* oh, that’s why. So add them to my fandom (TRF and The Six have a new member to my group).

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (11/21/2021 1:46 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/21/2021 3:21 pm  #2666

Another FANTASTIC expansion round...rejoicing that you've made it eight!

You know where to send 'em all 

11/21/2021 10:53 pm  #2667

I love the Buffalo Fish. Literally, everything about it brings me joy.

I believe I need an updated Wisconsin sig with the Curds logo on it.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/22/2021 2:26 am  #2668

Great looks all around for the new teams and I second Dan in saying that everything about Buffalo is amazing. Those are some great updates for the existing teams as well, speaking of which, I’d like to request an updated sig with Kenora’s new logo

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (11/22/2021 2:32 am)

11/22/2021 11:26 am  #2669

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I love the Buffalo Fish. Literally, everything about it brings me joy.

I believe I need an updated Wisconsin sig with the Curds logo on it.

The fish doesn't quite fit in with my seven deadly sin fish collection, but he will be joining the group. Hopefully murder fish will mentor him. A lot of potential there.

11/29/2021 10:43 am  #2670

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I don’t know why, but Robbinsdale just hits so right for me *remembers the K. Trevor Wilson stand up bit* oh, that’s why. So add them to my fandom (TRF and The Six have a new member to my group).

K. Trevor Wilson's standup bit is certainly not something I expected to see in this forum. However, you best believe I'm happy it exists!!!!!!! 

Board footera