Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2021 4:42 pm  #31

Re: The AltHL Season 2021

Section30 wrote:

Lose week 1 by 2.2 points... Lose week 2 by 1.4 points...

On the plus side, you have the satisfaction of knowing you have the best 0-2 team in the AltHL, (it's the little victories in life, right?).  

10/31/2021 11:28 pm  #32

I'm tired. Sorry.

10/31/2021 11:33 pm  #33

Good news everyone! We didn't lose anyone (else) this week. We all made it. Good job!

- ANDY!, Edgeworth, QCS, and Stickman all benefitted from the Gargoyles loss.
- Dan O'Mac, Darknes, and Sevsdast all correctly predicted the Wildcats loss.
- DireBear went ahead and won because the Seawolves lost.
- IDM may have made the Angels logo, but he benefitted from their loss this week.
- Steelman picked the Titans to lose, and, guess what, they were RIGHT!
- and ThisIsFine advanced due to a Shockers loss.

MAKE YOUR PICKS!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/08/2021 9:34 am  #34

Wholly mowly! It's this week's Power Rankings! Winnipeg grabs the top spot for the first time this season. Not too much moving this week, which is uncharacteristic of our AltSports Leagues Power Rankings.

11/09/2021 12:16 am  #35

Another week down, and we lost a couple more. For some reason, Edgeworth decided to pick the Dragons to lose to the Angels, and Sevsdast just... picked no one.

On the bright side, nine people DID advance. 
- ANDY!, Darknes, Steelman, and ThisIsFine all advance by picking the Philadelphia Founders.
- Dan O'Mac, DireBear, and Stickman all successfully picked the Los Angeles Titans.
- IDM picked the unluckiest team in the league, the Minnesota Loons.
- QCS made the right call, and selected the Toronto Terriers.

6 down, 9 to go. (Nice!). MAKE YOUR PICKS!

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (11/09/2021 12:45 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/15/2021 12:45 am  #36

Guess what? Everyone stayed around! Good job everyone. How did we do it? Here's how:

- IDM picked the Auroras to lose, and the Arrows won in that one.
- DireBear correctly picked the Angels to lose to the Owls.
- Darknes and ThisIsFine rode the misery of the Loons, who lost to the Bighorns.
- ANDY! went and picked the Chevaliers to lose this week to the Sawblades, and Portland did the thing for him.
- Steelman moves on by picking the Guardians to lose to the Rovers correctly.
- Stickman gets to see week 6 with a pick of the Founders to lose to the Ghosts.
- QCS correctly picked the Dragons to lose to the Racers.
- Dan O'Mac advances with a loss by the Seawolves to the Wranglers.

MAKE YOUR NEXT PICK!

11/15/2021 11:42 am  #37

Here in Week Five, we have our first team to hold the top spot for a second week total, as the Calgary Wranglers claim the number one again. Also notable is that the Detroit Angels have shimmied their way out of the bottom spot! Here be the rest of the rankings:

11/15/2021 12:27 pm  #38

As the owner if the Guardians, I have to say that you're being too kind to my team. 20-22 would be more appropriate.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

11/15/2021 3:13 pm  #39

JamHeronArk wrote:

Here in Week Five, we have our first team to hold the top spot for a second week total, as the Calgary Wranglers claim the number one again. Also notable is that the Detroit Angels have shimmied their way out of the bottom spot! Here be the rest of the rankings:

I still feel paranoid about being in the top 5, but that might just be the East division talking…

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/15/2021 3:41 pm  #40

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

As the owner if the Guardians, I have to say that you're being too kind to my team. 20-22 would be more appropriate.

Sorry, sir, but the impartial JHALO rankings disagree. You are seventeenth in scoring and your strength of schedule is not atrocious, so in eighteenth you will remain for now. (Trust me, I have impostor syndrome being in first place, but the math says I should be there, so I don't complain.)

Board footera