Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2021 6:04 am  #81

Re: AltCAA Legacy Project

If you want to know the story of my fantasy college, you'll be looking into the pre-AltCAA years where Victoria were participating between pre-season friendlies and small competitions. Though I picked Washington as the basis for the legacy, the past would be more mirrored towards your average Canadian college teams in U-Sports. Nevertheless, I'll try to integrate the storyline with the help of everyone at AHS!

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

11/11/2021 11:11 am  #82

Dan O'Mac wrote:

1966? Wisconsin State went 3-6, so we have claimed a National Championship.

When Wisconsin State approached the committee I was skeptical, but then they kinda just took a visual of their record and turned it upside-down to make it look like their record was 9-E. That is the biggest brain move in college sports history. They really earned that ship.

11/11/2021 3:34 pm  #83

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

1966? Wisconsin State went 3-6, so we have claimed a National Championship.

When Wisconsin State approached the committee I was skeptical, but then they kinda just took a visual of their record and turned it upside-down to make it look like their record was 9-E. That is the biggest brain move in college sports history. They really earned that ship.

Now the story I heard was that they framed their record as 6 losses in 9 games a made a sign saying "6/9 Nice" and nobody argued with them

11/13/2021 12:06 pm  #84

In conjunction with the end of College Game Day it's time to get this Legacy Project started! 

AltCAA Database

The year is 2000 (but really 1995). Check out the google sheet for the final standings. Here is the bowl season. Eddie George (from my hometown btw) took home the Alt-Heisman for the Threshers of Minnesota A&M. George won the nation's most prestigious award over Tommie Frazier (Kansas City), Danny Wuerffel (UFO), Keyshawn Johnson (St. Brendan's). 

It is important to note that Southwest Ohio will forever be known as the 2000 GLAC Champions. But they were hit with a post-season ban from the AltCAA. The Royals were stripped of 24 football scholarships and banned from the postseason as a result of a financial aid scandal and other violations. The AltCAA placed the Royals on a three year probation in football, baseball, women's golf and men's tennis. The Royals will lose 13 new football scholarship for the 2001 season. Because of their postseason ban, Asnerbrook took the GLAC automatic bid in the Beacon Bowl. 

Congratulations to Central Arizona who won our first ever national championship. The Javelinas started the season as the pre-season #1 team. A tough loss in the middle of the season dropped them in the polls. But they were able to rebound and rally to with the Super West Conference. 

Notable Javelinas:
QB - 13 - Danny Kanell Sr.
WR - 88 - Randy Moss (yes, that Randy Moss was a redshirt before getting into legal trouble and kicked out of school)
WR - 9 - Peter Warrick Fr.
DE - 58 - Peter Boulware So.
DB - 2 - Samari Rolle So.

11/13/2021 3:52 pm  #85

WooHoo the Javelinas are champs!

All hail Danny Kannel and Peter Boulware!

11/14/2021 12:22 am  #86

West coast supremacy 🤝

11/14/2021 12:29 am  #87

mf aint wrote:

West coast supremacy 🤝

🍊🤝👽

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

11/14/2021 2:44 am  #88

ThisIsFine wrote:

mf aint wrote:

West coast supremacy 🤝

🍊🤝👽

Actually 🍊🤝👽🤝🚩As Inland Empire were 4th in 2000 (The red flag is supposed to represent a Roman)

11/14/2021 11:05 am  #89

Unfortunately I’ll have to wait a few years before Arizona college shows up on these lists… hurry up David Shaw!

11/14/2021 11:47 am  #90

TheSquirrel wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

mf aint wrote:

West coast supremacy 🤝

🍊🤝👽

Actually 🍊🤝👽🤝🚩As Inland Empire were 4th in 2000 (The red flag is supposed to represent a Roman)

Still waiting for Bishop Sycamore memes for your Centurions.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera