Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2021 11:34 pm  #121

Re: It's College Game Day!

Hopefully these numbers are much bigger.

11/13/2021 2:47 pm  #122

AC looks great! I love the pattern in the stripe and collar. I'll echo what scratch said about wanting a throwback. The new numbers on CVU are much better, but I really think you're needing some stripes on the helmet and pants. The logo also doesn't show up all too well on a white helmet, might be a good idea to swap the color on that.

11/14/2021 5:22 pm  #123

Here's yet another CVU tweak.

11/14/2021 7:05 pm  #124

Okay my time to participate in some of the reveals. Here is some of the concept for The Commonwealth. The school is largely based on grad school alma mater Penn. But I wanted their sports teams to have more recent success. I am passionate about teams that are tough on defense and have bruising running attacks. That's why we are excited to be linked to the Wisconsin Badgers during the Legacy Project. 

As many of you know I have had a tough time figuring out my mascot. I know I wanted something that linked back to Benjamin Franklin or to the Pennsylvania colony. After doing a ton of research I found a bunch of fun ways to go. But as of now all of those names are second to just the Big Blue. Similar to how Harvard is the Crimson, Cornell the Big Red, Dartmouth the Big Green. So I'm still thinking about it but for now we are the Big Blue. 

Anyway here we go. P-A-All-Day! 

(apologies for small text - ill work on that)

[img]STALLIONSFor the horses that guard the Pennsylvania flag. The workhorses represent the hard work ethic of the citizens.[/img]

Last edited by Gritty (11/14/2021 7:07 pm)

11/14/2021 7:22 pm  #125

Big fan of the update to CVU! The striped pants and teal helmet work much better in my opinion.

The Commonwealth looks great! Very classic, I dig it a lot. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the names presented, but Pendragons is a pleasant surprise to me.

11/14/2021 8:25 pm  #126

Good Lord The Commonwealth looks good. I think that we need a Dartmouth or Cornell type name somewhere, that’s why Big Blue is my personal favorite, after just calling them The Commonwealth.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/14/2021 10:19 pm  #127

Pendragon (Penndragons?) by a mile, then dragoons

11/14/2021 10:36 pm  #128

Honestly, big blue. No need to get fancy. Sometimes the simplest name is the best.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

11/30/2021 10:42 pm  #129

mf aint wrote:

Inspired by Section (and therefore, similar apologies about the size of these pics), enjoy a broad-strokes look at THE Arizona College!
Cant wait to learn all about the schools in this universe (created with Canva, would highly recommend)

Seeing as you have a "victory song", is it to the tune of anything? It just helps me to hear the song since there are lyrics. 

11/30/2021 10:43 pm  #130

Section30 wrote:

So I decided to go and make a historical presentation for the University of THE Twin Cities and it might have gotten longer than I expected at first lol, hope you enjoy and sorry for the mega post!

Some questions:

1. Are there any special resonings for the arena/stadium namesakes? 

2. What's the tune of the fight song so I can hear it with the lyrics? 

Board footera