Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2021 3:52 pm  #71

Re: AltCAA Legacy Project

I can fool you.

Last edited by Topolino (11/10/2021 3:53 pm)

11/10/2021 3:55 pm  #72

QCS wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

Everybody remembers the great 1966-67 AltCAA football national title game, where the universe split into more than six separate timelines, and every single school won the national title (except Charlotte, who did not field a top-level team until 1996).

Why yes, my school's rise to football prominence does coincide exactly with when the Legacy Project started.

That said, of course, Charlotte claims every football title not from 95-15. You can't prove otherwise.

wikipedia says otherwise

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (11/10/2021 7:09 pm)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

11/10/2021 3:57 pm  #73

I am officially shutting down the Google Sheet to outside eyes as I build year 1 of the Legacy Project. I'll open it back up when the first year is completed. Stay tuned! 

11/10/2021 4:42 pm  #74

ANDY! wrote:

At least you guys were Independent colleges in the 1966 season...we were stuck under the ownership of the Stickmen at MCI. 

You make it sound like that was a bad thing... you love you loved the chaos, lmao!

11/10/2021 5:57 pm  #75

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

Everybody remembers the great 1966-67 AltCAA football national title game, where the universe split into more than six separate timelines, and every single school won the national title (except Charlotte, who did not field a top-level team until 1996).

also johns island, who went 1-9 that year, and had to vacate that win because head coach argus mcscoot bought his players ice cream after the game

Unfortunately, the game that was vacated due to ice cream misconduct was a 103-1 win against Hershey. The historic “Ice Cream Sunday” game would end up being given back to Hershey as a win for some bizarre reason. This altered result (that was very much deserved after Johns Island’s sickening conduct) restored Hershey’s perfect record that was needed to make the National Championship game.

Vacated wins don't really work like that, but I mean USC won the 1967 Rose Bowl (and the national title) after a loss to (a very good) Oregon State in the second-to-last week of the season. Also, fwiw, the national champion moniker was given out before bowl games back then, meaning polls would just decide whatever and be immediately invalidated. In that year, three of the lower ranked teams won their bowl game but didn't receive anything from it. LSU and Texas A&M both beat top 10 opponents but ended the season without a number next to their name. If you wanna actually get wacky within the bounds of reality, college football is an amazing creative writing prompt.

I  l I K E  t H I S

11/10/2021 6:21 pm  #76

Chicago Christian Academy select Cincinnati Bearcats football(please tell me if already taken).

11/10/2021 6:22 pm  #77

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

QCS wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

Why yes, my school's rise to football prominence does coincide exactly with when the Legacy Project started.

That said, of course, Charlotte claims every football title not from 95-15. You can't prove otherwise.

wikipedia says otherwise

Anyone can edit wikipedia, that proves nothing

11/10/2021 8:29 pm  #78

H-Town1141 wrote:

Vacated wins don't really work like that

But they do in a universe where everything is made up.... You let an ice cream situation slide, but a team being given a win is a red flag. I know for a fact (from experience) that anything you receive (up to a certain amount) can be justified with some checks and balances. Example: I get a shirt from a college recruiting camp, and the college program running it says that $60 of our fee goes to the shirt. The kicker? Our total camp fee = $60. That is for 6 ice sessions, 2 meals a day, a room in the dorms and... a shirt. This isn't a one time thing either... DU does it, UNO does it and UMass does it, for sure.

11/10/2021 11:00 pm  #79

H-Town1141 wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

also johns island, who went 1-9 that year, and had to vacate that win because head coach argus mcscoot bought his players ice cream after the game

Unfortunately, the game that was vacated due to ice cream misconduct was a 103-1 win against Hershey. The historic “Ice Cream Sunday” game would end up being given back to Hershey as a win for some bizarre reason. This altered result (that was very much deserved after Johns Island’s sickening conduct) restored Hershey’s perfect record that was needed to make the National Championship game.

Vacated wins don't really work like that, but I mean USC won the 1967 Rose Bowl (and the national title) after a loss to (a very good) Oregon State in the second-to-last week of the season. Also, fwiw, the national champion moniker was given out before bowl games back then, meaning polls would just decide whatever and be immediately invalidated. In that year, three of the lower ranked teams won their bowl game but didn't receive anything from it. LSU and Texas A&M both beat top 10 opponents but ended the season without a number next to their name. If you wanna actually get wacky within the bounds of reality, college football is an amazing creative writing prompt.

we let em have it. it's cool

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

11/10/2021 11:01 pm  #80

1966? Wisconsin State went 3-6, so we have claimed a National Championship.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera