Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2021 11:50 am  #91

Re: It's College Game Day!

I'd like a bit more history about the schools. For example, I know Denton State is a relatively newer school to the major conferences, so maybe they don't end up in a conference with Lone Star, a school that will have been around longer. A Wisconsin State and Wisconsin Tech could be like Georgia/Georgia Tech or Florida/Florida State and be in different conferences. I think that that's the most creative way to build a "realistic" conference alignment.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/29/2021 12:09 pm  #92

That's a good idea too! That could be a creative way of splitting up that jammed back midwest. Like an ACC/SEC kind of situation.  

10/29/2021 1:17 pm  #93

Here's a sneak peek at Chula Vista's primary athletic logo in different color combos.

10/29/2021 1:27 pm  #94

Echoing some of the thoughts on doing things more "creatively," as it were, a couple of points I'd like to make:

a. I don't think we should be making a huge deal of the number 32. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, there's still a lot of time left for people to submit schools, and I've heard of at least a couple of people that are considering joining who aren't on the map yet, so I certainly don't think we should necessarily split teams into 4 conferences of 8 and act like it's set in stone.
b. In terms of conference games, I think it's fine to not have the same number of schools as long as each team still plays the same number of conference and non-conference games. Obviously, not everyone will have a perfect schedule within their conference every year if that's the case, but that's not the case in real life either, and I think it's something we can work with. (Personally, I'd prefer erring on the side of larger conferences so we can avoid teams having to play each other twice in the same year, but I'm open to whatever.)
​c. I don't want to make things too difficult setting things up, but pinballing off of Dan's suggestion, would it be at all possible to let the legacy project dictate part of the conference layout? Given how much conference switching goes on in the real world, it seems to me like schools that would have been better over the course of history would gravitate towards the same, prestigious conferences. Maybe an easier way to do that would be to just run the legacy project with "dummy" conferences and then allow some teams to switch based on whatever history we come up with. Either way, just something to chew on.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/29/2021 3:15 pm  #95

NeoPrankster wrote:

Here's a sneak peek at Chula Vista's primary athletic logo in different color combos.

Looks like it has the bones of a traditional college logo. I think small changes like not putting an outline where the C and V connect would make it look cleaner. I like the general idea for the colors, but they need some tweaking. The current ones look a little flat together. Nothing pops and there's no darker base that would help do so. I think you are going in the right direction!

10/30/2021 6:27 am  #96

Alrighty, I got my first ever logo ready. Really, it's just a V with a torch at the bottom of the letter. I'm no expert on drawing some complicated logos with intricate designs, but I think it's serviceable as a college-level sports logo. Besides, this represents my average ability at making logos at all. I rely on simple shapes and mix-and-match together to create a cohesive design that satisfies me.

My next plan is to create a secondary logo. And I need a certain who can do better than I do........
But for now, enjoy these for a good while.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

10/30/2021 4:13 pm  #97

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

Looks like it has the bones of a traditional college logo. I think small changes like not putting an outline where the C and V connect would make it look cleaner. I like the general idea for the colors, but they need some tweaking. The current ones look a little flat together. Nothing pops and there's no darker base that would help do so. I think you are going in the right direction!

I'm having a little bit of a hard time figuring out how to adjust the colors. Should I make the aqua darker or the orange darker?

10/31/2021 12:34 am  #98

NeoPrankster wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

I'm having a little bit of a hard time figuring out how to adjust the colors. Should I make the aqua darker or the orange darker?

I think you might wanna adjust he aqua to make it a bit easier on the eyes.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

11/01/2021 2:41 pm  #99

Inspired by Section (and therefore, similar apologies about the size of these pics), enjoy a broad-strokes look at THE Arizona College!
Cant wait to learn all about the schools in this universe (created with Canva, would highly recommend)

11/01/2021 3:31 pm  #100

If Pluto were the costumed mascot, this is the Oregon of our universe

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

Board footera