Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2021 10:50 pm  #1

Croquet as popular as Cricket

Basically I've been considering setting a sport in an alternate world where the French are THE world power and have Croquet spread to the position of most popular sport in the empire. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

11/02/2021 10:27 pm  #2

Re: Croquet as popular as Cricket

So I was thinking about this and I think it needs to be a France-Wank. Basically a world where the French not only defeat the Russians, they invade, occupy and puppetize Great Britain and Ireland. In this world, French culture is supreme, and instead of soccer or rugby, which are both British at the core, croquet becomes the past time of the world from the French power structure. 

Its run by the Fédération internationale de croquet. Which is like FIFA and the ICC merged.

2008-2009 AltBA Champions

11/08/2021 8:57 am  #3

Re: Croquet as popular as Cricket

Serie Mondiale de Croquet

This is set in world where the French Empire achieves all of its military goals under Napoleon and creates a mostly Francophone world. In this world, Croquet gains popularity as a French game and then spreads to the rest of Europe over the intervening decades. So this is the top 20 teams in a competition that has teams all over the continent. 10 play in each division which is divided into two different competitions , in first and second leagues.

First League 2021-2022

Lubeck Baltique
Paris Unis
Les Hommes de Seine
Orange de Rotterdam
Berlin Prusse
Rebelles Vendeens
Aigles Royaux: Rome
Toute les Etoiles Russes: Moscow and occasionally Petrograd
Club de Croquet de Barcelone
Zara Ilyrien: Zara in the Ilyrian Provinces