Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/09/2021 3:07 am  #61

Re: It's College Game Day!

I just realised I added every team in my suggestion except Chicago Christian as it was only on the sheet and not the map which I based it of

10/09/2021 11:18 am  #62

Hi Gritty. Is it too late to send you my team? I'm working on one right now.

10/09/2021 11:26 am  #63

NeoPrankster wrote:

Hi Gritty. Is it too late to send you my team? I'm working on one right now.

No, you can always start a team

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/09/2021 11:49 am  #64

Okay. I just submitted the CVU Merfolk, based in Chula Vista, California.

10/09/2021 3:43 pm  #65

Dan O'Mac wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

I’m still unhappy that Inland Empire hasn’t changed their nickname or colors.

And if it doesn't change, so be it. It would be like the AltCAA's version of the UCLA Bruins and the Cal Golden Bears, who are in the same conference with similar team names and colors.

It’s almost like they were once the same school… wait a second!

10/10/2021 1:22 pm  #66

mf aint wrote:

In terms of conferences I’d optimally hold out for 36 members, (6 conferences of 6). Seems like a good mix between keeping the regular season important (all conference winners in) and also making the at-large bids special/scarce (other 2). If we did 4 conferences of 8, it seems like it almost guarantees the 1 & 2 spot from each conference. If we stick with 32, I’ll submit my alignment suggestions regardless

The conferences don't have to be even. The ACC has 15 teams, SEC & Big 10 have 14, the PAC-12 has 12, and the Big 12 has 10.

10/10/2021 1:48 pm  #67

sportsfan7 wrote:

mf aint wrote:

In terms of conferences I’d optimally hold out for 36 members, (6 conferences of 6). Seems like a good mix between keeping the regular season important (all conference winners in) and also making the at-large bids special/scarce (other 2). If we did 4 conferences of 8, it seems like it almost guarantees the 1 & 2 spot from each conference. If we stick with 32, I’ll submit my alignment suggestions regardless

The conferences don't have to be even. The ACC has 15 teams, SEC & Big 10 have 14, the PAC-12 has 12, and the Big 12 has 10.

Yea I get that, I think even numbers would just make it easier to run the league. Unless it really makes a lot more sense geographically to have uneven numbers

10/10/2021 2:19 pm  #68

Yeah ideally they are equal. and if they are off it is by one school at the max. It'll help in terms of fantasy fairness. 

10/16/2021 5:52 pm  #69

If you have your logos and home uniforms ready send them to me soon. We have a few so far that are going to be revealed in the first batch. Your uniforms can even be hand drawn if need be. I'll adopt it to our 3D template. Looking forward to seeing the schools come to life. 

10/23/2021 3:05 pm  #70

Happy College Football Saturday! 

I wanted to thank all of our new athletic directors that submitted uniforms thus far. Here is the first set of teams for our AltCAA. 

I apologize in advance if the teams aren't 100% true to form. We'll have time to refine it along the way. Hopefully we'll get another batch of teams soon. 

In the meantime, continue to add to the concept of your team. Both in look and in culture and stuff. We will eventually run a legacy project so avoid sharing 'historical records' and what not.

We'll also be working on our conferences soon since the number of schools has calmed down. 

Looking forward to all of the other schools! 

Board footera