Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/08/2021 1:27 pm  #51

Re: It's College Game Day!

mf aint wrote:

When are reveals going to start getting released?

Gritty has stated that this will be a "slow burn" type thing. There's been no deadlines set, so even though a lot of us have been working on these, we're letting Gritty dictate the schedule. He has a lot going on across the AltUniverse, with Football in full swing, Hockey getting ready to start and all the associated "stuff" to go with that, Basketball getting ready to start next week, and the design phase for Baseball going on. So far we know the initial submissions and the colors and team names, so we can anticipate what things will come.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/08/2021 1:30 pm  #52

Dan O'Mac wrote:

mf aint wrote:

Gritty has stated that this will be a "slow burn" type thing. There's been no deadlines set, so even though a lot of us have been working on these, we're letting Gritty dictate the schedule. He has a lot going on across the AltUniverse, with Football in full swing, Hockey getting ready to start and all the associated "stuff" to go with that, Basketball getting ready to start next week, and the design phase for Baseball going on. So far we know the initial submissions
and the colors and team names, so we can anticipate what things will come.

Good points! Don’t mean to sound obnoxious, still getting into the flow of all the stuff going on on this site. Appreciate the response!

10/08/2021 1:53 pm  #53

mf aint wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

mf aint wrote:

Gritty has stated that this will be a "slow burn" type thing. There's been no deadlines set, so even though a lot of us have been working on these, we're letting Gritty dictate the schedule. He has a lot going on across the AltUniverse, with Football in full swing, Hockey getting ready to start and all the associated "stuff" to go with that, Basketball getting ready to start next week, and the design phase for Baseball going on. So far we know the initial submissions

Good points! Don’t mean to sound obnoxious, still getting into the flow of all the stuff going on on this site. Appreciate the response!

It does take a bit of adjusting, usually Alt leagues are fairly fast-paced, but this one is slower on purpose. I know I personally haven't finished my football uniforms yet, and I assume many others are in the same boat. This one will probably be one of those "it happens when it happens" kinda leagues, haha.

10/08/2021 5:53 pm  #54

mf aint wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

mf aint wrote:

Yep! No worries. We definitely are taking our time with this one. I want to get a good batch of uniforms and logos in before starting the process so we can release them with some momentum. Right now we just have a couple. Welcome aboard! 

10/08/2021 7:50 pm  #55

Happy Weekend Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well in your lives. Our submissions have slowed down a bit so while we are not closing the submissions at the moment we are going to peak ahead at what the conferences could look like. So if you'd like to join you are welcome to. 

It is also important to note that the school design process is not final yet. So school locations, names, colors, etc. are still able to be adjusted and tinkered. 

Currently we have 31 schools. Looks like 32 would be a good number to reach for at least. Here is the updated map of our schools. Here is also the official database for all things AltCAA. We'll be adding the legacy project and conference pages here when the time comes. 

AltCAA Map

Official AltCAA Database

We are going to open things up to the formation of conferences. Keep in mind that more teams may be added or moved so... who is included in each conference may change. But we can definitely see some natural groupings that we can capitalize on. 

A couple of things to remember...

1.) Only 8 teams will make the CFP at the end of the year. So if you choose to suggest 8 conferences there will be no room for at large bids. 
2.) For scheduling purposes it would be best to have the conferences at equal numbers. However it isn't the end of the world with so many schools if they are off by one school or so. 
3.) Once again, keeping in mind that more schools may be added the numbers don't have to be perfect just yet.  

Submit your ideas for Conferences and their member school here...

We'll vote on which alignment we like best later and then give the conferences names. If there are submissions that are quite similar we will merge them so that everyone's voice is heard. 

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! 

Last edited by Gritty (10/08/2021 7:51 pm)

10/08/2021 7:57 pm  #56

I’m still unhappy that Inland Empire hasn’t changed their nickname or colors.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

10/08/2021 8:08 pm  #57

ThisIsFine wrote:

Perhaps we wait...as said a few times now the design process isn't finished yet.

10/08/2021 8:23 pm  #58

ThisIsFine wrote:

And if it doesn't change, so be it. It would be like the AltCAA's version of the UCLA Bruins and the Cal Golden Bears, who are in the same conference with similar team names and colors.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/08/2021 11:21 pm  #59

In terms of conferences I’d optimally hold out for 36 members, (6 conferences of 6). Seems like a good mix between keeping the regular season important (all conference winners in) and also making the at-large bids special/scarce (other 2). If we did 4 conferences of 8, it seems like it almost guarantees the 1 & 2 spot from each conference. If we stick with 32, I’ll submit my alignment suggestions regardless

10/09/2021 2:09 am  #60

ThisIsFine wrote:

I sent my request to Gritty a couple of nights ago.

Board footera