Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2021 4:41 pm  #1731

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

1965 Free Agency - Post Draft

Following the draft, teams continued to fill out the remainder of their rosters. There were only 5 players remaining in the top 25, but they quickly found spots. QB Robert Humphrey was brought in to Halifax to bring a veteran presence next to QB Michael Benedict. There were rumours that the Mariners were interested in making a trade for QB Lyle Painter, but they ultimately never came to a final deal. Continuing with QBs, Rigobert St-Hilaire decided to return to his original team, signing a 1-year deal with the Rouge. 

There were plenty of safeties moving around with Nick Larson heading to Providence with a chance to compete with S Paul Christopher for the starting job. S Cal Clemmons would head to Buffalo to back up S Wesley Jones. There would also be a trade that would send S Jack Simon from the Steelheads to the Independents for a 1966 5th round pick. The move helped open up a roster spot for the 7th overall pick, S Charles Clerk for the Steelheads. 

There was a second trade that had happened between the Rouge and the Victors that send RB Ronald Kociba to the Rouge in exchange for a 4th rounder from 1966. The move opens a spot for Indiana to bring up RB Robert Jack. 

Top 25 Free Agents
6 - QB Robert Humphrey LI -> HFX 1Y, $14,500
8 - S Nick Larson TOR -> PRO 1Y, $12,000
11 - QB Rigobert St-Hilaire LDN -> MTL 1Y, $10,500
12 - S Cal Clemmons PRO -> BUF 1Y, $12,000
21 - RB Bernard Alston LI -> LI 1Y, $10,500

Other notable signings
LB Harvey Phillips MTL -> BUF 1Y, $7,000
S Frankie Munster LDN -> HFX 1Y, $9,000
DL Tim Hunt LI -> IND 1Y, $6,500
LB Bob Walton BOS -> LOU 1Y, $5,500
DB Patrick Lindsay PRO -> MTL 1Y, $5,000
DL Wesley Highgate TOR -> PRO 1Y, $12,500
LB Collin Knight OTT -> TOR 1Y, $7,500

Undrafted Free Agents
QB Tyrion Gainsborough - London, UK - Darknes -> OTT
LB Dolph Vinslow - Niles, MI - Stickman -> LOU
WR Weston Laurier - Ottawa, ON - idm -> LDN
WR Russell Leman - Oshawa, ON - Darknes -> TOR
DL Ryder O’Shea - St.John’s, NL - Darknes -> HFX
OL Henri McMillan - Montreal, QC - Darknes -> MTL

https://i.imgur.com/TkrupvI.png

9/13/2021 7:12 pm  #1732

Just a question, do players from the other leagues ever make their way to the NAAF? Like as from the ACFL and such?

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

9/13/2021 7:40 pm  #1733

Enigmajones wrote:

Just a question, do players from the other leagues ever make their way to the NAAF? Like as from the ACFL and such?

It happens, sometimes, I tend to just forget sometimes to add some extra players that would be in that case, but I have in the past had players go to and come from the ACFL (like QB Lee Rogers for example), they just usually aren't the stars or anything. 

9/13/2021 8:20 pm  #1734

Wallflower wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

It happens, sometimes, I tend to just forget sometimes to add some extra players that would be in that case, but I have in the past had players go to and come from the ACFL (like QB Lee Rogers for example), they just usually aren't the stars or anything. 

While Im asking things, is there a full list of the different football leagues besides the NAAF? I obviously have heard of the ACFL, and the defunct OFU, but what are the others?

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

9/14/2021 8:24 am  #1735

Enigmajones wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

While Im asking things, is there a full list of the different football leagues besides the NAAF? I obviously have heard of the ACFL, and the defunct OFU, but what are the others?

As of now, I have had those two leagues plus the GLFL (Great Lakes Football League). Those 3 leagues are the ones that the NAAF are directly competing (or competed) with. There are others that exist in the world, but I am going to hold on to those until they become relevant, so I can make adjustments and changes to fit the story down the line if I ever decide to change things. I believe I had made a post a while back that showed all the teams within the leagues. 

Board footera