Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2021 4:37 pm  #211

Re: AltLB Design Thread

BDoof wrote:

Cant believe I went from 0 finalists to 4 in one batch.

QCS wrote:

Overall very happy with the name choices here, but there are some that I'm not the biggest fan of. Been really hoping for an Egyptian theme for Memphis so everything outside of Pharaohs is a no-go to me. Don't really like names that don't in 'S' either so that eliminates a couple but overall some great choices. Hoping for some really unique colors to come out of this round (pink!).

You know Pharaoh is just a fancy word for King right? Kings totally still fits. Maybe not as well as purely Pharaohs but has a lot nicer sound to it and references other things

As the submitter for Blue Sox, I think you should reconsider your position on only Pharaohs being selectable .   

9/07/2021 4:51 pm  #212

BDoof wrote:

You know Pharaoh is just a fancy word for King right? Kings totally still fits. Maybe not as well as purely Pharaohs but has a lot nicer sound to it and references other things

I don't know, "Memphis Pharaohs" sounds better to me than "Memphis Kings". It's both words being two syllables, I think. If Kings wins, though, I will absolutely be going with a Pharaoh theme. It's too good not to use here - uniquely Memphis and visually incredibly distinct!

9/07/2021 5:48 pm  #213

QCS wrote:

BDoof wrote:

I don't know, "Memphis Pharaohs" sounds better to me than "Memphis Kings". It's both words being two syllables, I think. If Kings wins, though, I will absolutely be going with a Pharaoh theme. It's too good not to use here - uniquely Memphis and visually incredibly distinct!

I would totally expect and vote for a Pharaoh/Egyptian design if the Kings win. No matter what wins Memphis I expect a great design

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

9/08/2021 11:12 pm  #214

I had trouble voting this round, not sure why.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

9/10/2021 6:15 pm  #215

The names from Group 5 are on there way! But in the mean time here is the submission form for Group 6. 

https://forms.gle/mFq7T2HMRXmShq9x9

9/11/2021 3:22 pm  #216

BREAKING NEWS! 

In an unprecedented turn of events we have a FOUR WAY tie for our TAMPA BAY franchise. So to break the tie we are going to vote again, this time we are going to ask everyone to rank the four choices. In the form check the box for each name. We will power rank the finalists. You can only submit one first place, one second place, etc. 

https://forms.gle/D6Dd3etg3xELukQFA

9/11/2021 3:31 pm  #217

Excellent job…

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/11/2021 3:32 pm  #218

great work everybody

9/11/2021 3:34 pm  #219

Now to tie it all again

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/11/2021 3:36 pm  #220

Splendid job. Now to tie it again. 

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

Board footera