Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2021 5:27 pm  #191

Re: AltLB Design Thread

I know we haven't hit it yet, but I will say that if you've ever wanted to do pirates for NC (and boy, have you guys) now's the time - Sir Walter Raleigh (for whom the city is named) was an actual pirate during his lifetime. Neat, huh?

9/01/2021 5:33 pm  #192

QCS wrote:

I know we haven't hit it yet, but I will say that if you've ever wanted to do pirates for NC (and boy, have you guys) now's the time - Sir Walter Raleigh (for whom the city is named) was an actual pirate during his lifetime. Neat, huh?

The IRL Pittsburgh Pirates have denyed that request

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/01/2021 5:45 pm  #193

Just one little thing to point out...the Wildfire submission for Tampa Bay, you have misspelled as "Wildlife."

Could you fix that, please?  Thank you.

9/01/2021 5:56 pm  #194

Just a point, Tabaqueros is a male version of someone who rolls cigars and cigarettes

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

9/01/2021 6:56 pm  #195

Enigmajones wrote:

Just a point, Tabaqueros is a male version of someone who rolls cigars and cigarettes

I actually voted against it because I’m planning a tobacco-related name for Havana.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/02/2021 12:12 am  #196

ThisIsFine wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

I actually voted against it because I’m planning a tobacco-related name for Havana.

Thats fine and all, just pointing out it didn't have an explanation. 

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

9/02/2021 9:16 am  #197

Sevsdast wrote:

QCS wrote:

The IRL Pittsburgh Pirates have denyed that request

I feel we can go pirate themed, but not call them the Pirates.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/02/2021 5:21 pm  #198

Alright everybody! 

Before announcing the Group D names we have a few things to take care of. 

First, I made the mistake of not differentiating the submissions for Phoenix. Thunderbirds was nominated for Phoenix and Arizona. Thunderbirds is our AltLB Phoenix name. Now we need to decide what the locator will be called. 

Second, there was a tie for Dallas. We need to break that tie before moving on. 

https://forms.gle/Dskxgh7AR197WDu29

9/03/2021 9:20 pm  #199

Sorry for the winky formatting. But here are our Group D names. We have 10 more to go. We are going to go into AltFL mode for the weekend and I will post theGroup E Final Four names on Sunday. 

The Thunderbirds name was nominated by Darknes, Steelman, Dan OMac, and DireBear. The T-Birds defeated the Whiptails. We were close to having three snake team names.

The Houston Bats was nominated by Gritty and defeated the Toros. 

The Milwaukee Muskies was the biggest winner of the round. This go-around was nominated by Dan O'Mac. Originally nominated by Section30 during our first AltHL expansion. The Milwaukee Muskies lost to the Winnipeg Arrows for the Central Division expansion team. 

The Toronto Talons won over the Foxes. Nominated by Darknes. It technically isn't a bird but rather a part of a bird. So there's that.

Finally we have the Dallas Sidewinders. Sidewinders are our third Alt-Sports snake team and second in the AltLB. This is a venomous quick strike predator while the Pittsburgh Pythons is named after the gargantuan suffocating predator. Sidewinders was nominated by DireBear and beat out Barons in sudden death.

9/03/2021 9:26 pm  #200

Yo, love the names. I'm not keen on Muskies, but the others are epic. The Sidewinders should have a crazy cool identity and I can't wait to see how Bats turn out. Will our comedic side win out, or will there be a really inventive design? And Talons? God  thats amazing.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera