Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2021 10:09 pm  #1

Other fantasy leagues you’re involved with

There’s often a lot of discussion about either our own fantasy leagues or the real life-based ones like the AltSports Universe, but that’s probably far from all we do when it comes to this sort of thing.

As for me, my friends and I run a fake football league with custom players and teams, and we’re entering our fifth season soon. It’s not based on anything, it’s just something we do for fun (and without any NFL or CFL right now, it is pretty fun).

With that said, anyone else involved with something like this offsite?

7/08/2021 4:46 pm  #2

Re: Other fantasy leagues you’re involved with

Have been doing the same thing but with NHL for the last 4 seasons. Half the league basically rebrands/relocates every single season to fit our chaotic nature. My friend and I both have one consistent team and we play every game for those teams. Owner plays as their own team while the other person plays as the opponent. About 200 games in total each year, but the Flockaveli Hockey League is worth it. We are too invested at this point because each year every team gets to keep 6 forwards / 4 defense / 1 goalie and the rest are released to a pool for the following season's draft. It is surprisingly consistent. My friend has one championship, I have zero and the other two are held by teams that no longer exist. 

Bonus: One year when we were still in college we had enough time to establish a minor league called the "High Performance High Class Hockey League 2" that had the same system but we basically broke the collision and shooting mechanics with the sliders to make it the equivalent of an arcade game. We don't have time for that much NHL at this point, but the minor league is treated as canon and operating in the background. Some teams even made the jump from the HPHCHL2 to the FHL because we liked the branding so much. Unfortunately, no players have made the jump considering we get 11 keepers a year.... so I guess it was more of a minor league to test some wild designs we weren't sure of.

We are starting our annual master spreadsheet for next season that takes place before the current season’s playoffs so no Cinderella team run changes bias (no team is safe in this league and I’d be damned if a team tried to pull at our emotional strings to stay around).  The sheet is pretty expansive, including: keep/rebrand/relocate info and ideas, draft order, keepers, custom players and color/logo information for each team.

and, yes..... Waka Flocka Flame is the owner of the league, commissioner of the league, coach for 8 teams, and a custom player journeyman who is gifted to the team closest to .500 win % each year (tiebreaker is whoever is closest to a 0 goal differential). We call it the irrelevance awakening and it is treated as a religious event where the team is forced to sacrafice their best overall player to the pool of unwanted toys at the end of the year and is rewarded with a season of Flocka on their side for their show of faith in the Flame. 

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (7/08/2021 5:01 pm)

Board footera