Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2021 7:58 pm  #61

Re: ALTCAR

Unfortunately, the results of today’s race means that the entire United States is now officially part of the Dominion of Canada. Don’t ask.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/04/2021 8:46 pm  #62

ThisIsFine wrote:

Unfortunately, the results of today’s race means that the entire United States is now officially part of the Dominion of Canada. Don’t ask.

We're not a dominion of the British Empire anymore (even though Queen Elizabeth is still our head of state), and, since I don't want to get political here, I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (7/04/2021 8:47 pm)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

7/04/2021 8:50 pm  #63

dvdbubba27 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

We're not a dominion of the British Empire anymore (even though Queen Elizabeth is still our head of state), and, since I don't want to get political here, I'll leave it at that.

Dominion is just the formal title.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/04/2021 8:56 pm  #64

ThisIsFine wrote:

dvdbubba27 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

Dominion is just the formal title.

Historical note: it was, but it's not anymore.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

7/04/2021 9:40 pm  #65

My apologies for the delay! Here are the full standings for the Daytona 500!

RESULTS

Tomorrow I'll have the full race replay, the highlights, and the points up for your viewing pleasure!

7/04/2021 9:44 pm  #66

It says that the document is blocked when I try to access it

7/05/2021 11:39 am  #67

Kingsfan11 wrote:

It says that the document is blocked when I try to access it

My bad, should be fixed!

7/05/2021 11:48 am  #68

dvdbubba27 wrote:

I have no team name, no previous plans to enter, no input over my car's number or design, and yet I win an ALTCAR race?

Great... 

In fairness, he made all 72 teams. You can definitely still bring input on you alternate paint schemes and even get a new team name.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/05/2021 7:28 pm  #69

The official 2021 Paint Scheme preview is up on the ALTCAR YouTube channel! In half an hour the replay of the Daytona 500 will go live and the highlights will be up later tonight. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE_451s3A08

7/05/2021 8:47 pm  #70

For those of you that missed the Daytona 500, don't worry! Here are the highlights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnZhg_puI0

And here is the Points document for you all to follow along!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hV4cvTLSSEXncuywoVeS-2ZevzLZwBYKfQ7UXCAlevk/edit?usp=sharing

Board footera