Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2019 4:26 pm  #501

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Our final change from a current team was a rebrand of the Sauk Rapids Tornados. Being a bottom tier team since their inception, Sauk Rapids has been abused by the rest of the league, but has earned a reputation for being physical. To help separate themselves from Fergus Falls, as well as try to form a new identity, Sauk Rapids decided to rename themselves the Bulldogs due to the teams physical nature.

Their logo is a purple bulldog, opting to keep the purple and white color scheme.

The Bulldogs used the rebrand as a chance to adjust their uniforms as well; tweaking the striping, adding sleeve numbers, adding colored shoulders, and making the sleeves of the away jersey white.

New

Old

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

11/10/2019 8:00 pm  #502

Little Falls has the best update out of 3 they look so good and better than their old set in my opinion. 

11/11/2019 9:45 am  #503

Wow, Sauk Rapids logo is not great. I can see the Bulldog, but that only because I know there should be a Bulldog there. It doesn't read as anything more than a blob of various shades of purple. But... the style fits for the time period.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/11/2019 2:14 pm  #504

AJHFTW wrote:

Little Falls has the best update out of 3 they look so good and better than their old set in my opinion. 

I agree, I think the black pants and switching the striping made a big difference and I think this could be a look that sticks for a while.

ADan O'Mac wrote:

Wow, Sauk Rapids logo is not great. I can see the Bulldog, but that only because I know there should be a Bulldog there. It doesn't read as anything more than a blob of various shades of purple. But... the style fits for the time period.

Haha, I tried to do something a little different than usual for the Bulldogs and it kinda reminded me of like the old felt stitched logos like the old Detroit Tigers logos and such. So I felt that it fit with the time period and materials they would be using.6.3.6

11/11/2019 2:30 pm  #505

ADan O'Mac wrote:

Haha, I tried to do something a little different than usual for the Bulldogs and it kinda reminded me of like the old felt stitched logos like the old Detroit Tigers logos and such. So I felt that it fit with the time period and materials they would be using.6.3.6

Their inevitable logo refresh is something we're all looking forward to.

Now bring on the expansion teams!

11/11/2019 9:21 pm  #506

Our first expansion team will be joining the Northland Hockey League. Blackduck is a small town of less than 700 located about 30 minutes north of Bemidji. Despite being a very small town, Blackduck decided to enter as an expansion team due to high interest in the sport in the city.

The team will be called the "Mallards" referring to the name of the town. Their logo is a flying Mallard duck and their colors are forest green and gold.

Last edited by Section30 (11/11/2019 9:48 pm)

11/11/2019 9:27 pm  #507

Up next we head down to the Twin Cities for the next expansion team from Falcon Heights. Falcon Heights is a suburb to the north of St. Paul with a population of around 5,000. The Raptors will be joining the Twin Cities Hockey League East.

The team will be called the "Raptors" as an ode to the name of the town without specifically being called the Falcons. The Raptors colors are burgundy and silver and their logo is a Raptor on the attack with the towns name inside.

11/11/2019 9:34 pm  #508

Our final expansion team for the 1962/63 MAHL Season also will be joining the Twin Cities Hockey League East. Roseville is one of the major suburbs at the moment with a population of over 25,000 so it was only a matter of time before the town got a team of their own. Roseville is also a suburb of St. Paul located to the north.

The team will be called the "Rockets" the name was chosen in a name the team contest in the local paper. The name Rockets was the winner with 143 submissions. Their colors are rose red, black and white.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

11/11/2019 9:40 pm  #509

Section30, you've done it again!  Fantastic looks, all three of 'em.

I eagerly await the Mallards, Raptors and Rockets' histories to come...

11/11/2019 11:01 pm  #510

Roseville looks great, very modern (too modern maybe? I don’t know) but they’re sure to be one of the teams I’ll root for. Great work as always!

May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st

Board footera