Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2021 9:29 am  #11

Re: Good If It Goes: The Story of the OBA

Sevsdast wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I mean this in the best way possible, the stick figure drawings sell it for me. I could see this being like an extension of TBT, except instead of a tournament, it becomes a local beer league basketball deal. Keep this work up, there’s some amazing potential here.

You realize that this hasn’t been posted on since over a year ago?

Hey now... it might be comeback season!!

Thank you for the kind words.

4/08/2021 9:55 am  #12

A Jump in Time and Expansion
In an absurd time skip that happened for a long time, one year after the author decided to stop writing, we jump right into the lead up of the season. The trial runs were exceptional and the YMCA made some great bounds and leaps. The gym started to make profit and the director approved Cameron's league.

From there, the two teams of Murdlock recruited more members and the league expanded for some of the guys who recruited their own talent. Andre Oz and Brian Williams gathered enough for their own teams. Oz captained the Team of the River Galloway, and Williams led a group from Desherd City, complete with uniforms and all. The cities of Ensylvan and McQuelsey also added teams, thanks to Vernon Sharp and Deacon Moss.

As such, the OBA was born!

4/08/2021 10:02 am  #13

Murdlock #1
Murdlock #1 adopted powder blue and chestnut as their team colors, sticking with Murdlock #1 as their squad as an ode to uncreativity that may or may not be done out with in a few years. Another such example of the lack of creativity would be their decision to use no logo at the start of the team's history. Cameron Murphy Jr., the team captain and founder, believed in simplicity and a decent colorway that looked nice and appealed to fans. They played their games at the Murdlock City Gymnasium.

Last edited by HWULA (4/08/2021 10:02 am)

4/08/2021 10:07 am  #14

Murdlock #2
In an attempt to create some sense of rivalry in town, the other team in the capital city decided to name themselves in a similar vein, Murdlock #2. However, in proving they were far more imaginative and better than their in-town rivals, the Murdlock #2 team did employ a logo, a simple M following their purple and silver color scheme. The Horrible Woeful and Unsatisfactory Logo and Apparel Company patched the silver M onto purple shorts.

They shared the gymnasium with Murdlock #1, and as such, things became tense when it came to scheduling practice times. The team was headed by Carl Baker.

4/08/2021 10:24 am  #15

Desherd City Dachshunds
Brian Williams asked around Desherd City and by almost unanimous decision, everyone he surveyed agreed that the Dachshund, a loyal and well-respected animal, should represent the city. Bubba Ruiz joined him as co-captains. They decided to go with a scarlet and brown color scheme, the red indicative of loyalty.

The Dachshunds call the Desherd City Multipurpose Recreational Center home, the wood and paint donated by John and Carrie Watson, who owned the local mill that generated much of Desherd City's economy.

Last edited by HWULA (4/08/2021 12:07 pm)

4/08/2021 10:41 am  #16

Well, this is a welcome surprise, I have a weird revival power! I think the Dachshunds need a more readable color for the font, but it still looks great!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/08/2021 10:46 am  #17

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Well, this is a welcome surprise, I have a weird revival power! I think the Dachshunds need a more readable color for the font, but it still looks great!

I will note the font could be more readable! Thanks!!

4/08/2021 10:57 am  #18

McQuelsey Woodpeckers
Deacon Moss's Woodpeckers are running with a navy and yellow color scheme. The woodpecker is populous in the city, alarming every working person at the sun's rise. They will play their home games at The McQuelsey Center (with a capital T on "The" because... it just... matters to the townfolk I guess...). This is also the first team to sport both home and away jerseys. They will sport the navies on the road, and the whites at home.

4/08/2021 11:17 am  #19

Ensylvan Drakes
The City Council of Ensylvan voted 8-1 on approving the nickname of Drakes, the kind of duck that commonly enjoys resting on the banks of the nearby Schism River. The lone councilperson, Maglius Weatherby, requested the City of Ensylvan Basketball Club Inc., to which many groans and sighs erupted in the room. Much like the waterfowl the team is named after, the Drakes went with Forest green and maroon, with the letter E on the shorts waistline. They will play home games at the Walnut Center of Ensylvan, with no logo at the halfcourt circle.

4/08/2021 12:06 pm  #20

Team of the River Galloway
The final team to enter the 1969 was based out of Gilroy, led by Andre Oz at small forward. Surrounded by lush forestry and the beautiful River Galloway, the players only thought it appropriate that the river provide strength and calmness to the team. No logo established, but a royal blue and fluorescent green in the text for their uniform, as well as black trim on the armholes. They will play at The River Centre, located right by the river the team is named after.

Board footera