Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2021 4:32 pm  #31

Re: The AltBA Legacy Project

So we are going with a hybrid model. We are going to stay within the conferences to establish rivalries. Instead of series based we are going to follow the March Madness of that year. So this year we will follow the 2001 March Madness. That coupled with the 1990/1991 regular season for the NBA will produce our Legacy Season. 

The top seeded team (this year it is Minnesota) takes the #1 seed while the east's leading team (Pittsburgh) will take the 2-seed. So this year the Western Conference (top half of the bracket) the Eastern Conference will take the bottom half. We will rotate which region of March Madness we use every year. 

It sounds confusing but it works! 

Let's get to the Western Conference Playoffs! 

3/24/2021 4:42 pm  #32

Where are Karl and John?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/24/2021 4:45 pm  #33

Sevsdast wrote:

Where are Karl and John?

Utah got left out on the legacy wheel. 

3/24/2021 4:47 pm  #34

Rugrat wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Where are Karl and John?

I know, it would be interesting to see if they were free agents and know where they left.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/24/2021 4:54 pm  #35

Sevsdast wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Where are Karl and John?

I know, it would be interesting to see if they were free agents and know where they left.

Well, they played for the Jazz, who don't have an AltBA team attached to them. Therefore, we won't see those two pretty much at all. Karl Malone played one season with the Lakers so we'll see him once on the Hammers but outside of that they just basically don't exist.

3/24/2021 5:10 pm  #36

Man our league is so defensively sound compared to the NBA. We must emphasize fundamentals. Big dunks and threes? No, thank you, I'll take a layup, please.

3/24/2021 9:00 pm  #37

Good looking conference finals there, though I'm glad to see the Giants win. I'm sure having Michael Jordan helped, even if the Giants only managed a measly 76 points  Texas' top scorer was David Robinson.

Here's to hoping it's Pittsburgh that emerges out of the East. It could end up Magic Johnson vs Michael Jordan in the first AltBA Finals, just like the real life 90-91 season!

Last edited by Megildur (3/24/2021 9:00 pm)

3/24/2021 9:31 pm  #38

Megildur wrote:

Good looking conference finals there, though I'm glad to see the Giants win. I'm sure having Michael Jordan helped, even if the Giants only managed a measly 76 points  Texas' top scorer was David Robinson.

Here's to hoping it's Pittsburgh that emerges out of the East. It could end up Magic Johnson vs Michael Jordan in the first AltBA Finals, just like the real life 90-91 season!

Cardinals would like a word with you.

3/24/2021 10:14 pm  #39

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Man our league is so defensively sound compared to the NBA. We must emphasize fundamentals. Big dunks and threes? No, thank you, I'll take a layup, please.

and what, pray tell, is wrong with being smart on the attack?😉

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

3/24/2021 10:36 pm  #40

Good year for Texas, Im confident we'll be back.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

Board footera