Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2021 11:35 pm  #11

Re: The Story of Gridby

Good to see the Gaels back from the old Driveball series, will Cleveland become the Mad Hatters at some point?

1/17/2021 12:42 am  #12

Rugrat wrote:

Good to see the Gaels back from the old Driveball series, will Cleveland become the Mad Hatters at some point?

Depending on how the Depression and World War II affect the sport, there is a possibility that the Cardinals fold and the Mad Hatters come about thru expansion after the war.

Here is a preview of how the NGL will look in 1926:
Boston Gridby Club [1]
Brooklyn Rinkydinks
Gridby Club of New York [1]
Philadelphia Gridby Club [1]
Buffalo Gridby Club [1]
Chicago Gaels
Cleveland Cardinals
Detroit Roadsters
Louisville Coopers
St. Louis Browns

[1] Temporary placeholder name.

1/17/2021 11:21 am  #13

Some suggestions

Boston Sailors
New York Knights
Philadelphia Keystones
Buffalo Lakers 

1/17/2021 4:53 pm  #14

The fifth team to be unveiled were the Buffalo Lakers.

The sixth were the Detroit Roadsters.

1/17/2021 11:56 pm  #15

The seventh squad to be unveiled, the Gridby Club of New York.

1/18/2021 10:37 am  #16

Not much to say here, just 3 classic looking teams. I do like Buffalos color scheme however.

1/19/2021 1:22 pm  #17

The eighth squad to be unveiled were the Boston Unicorns, who will play their home games at Braves Field.

1/19/2021 9:17 pm  #18

Ahh, a reboot of Driveball, huh? Looks good so far! Buffalo may actually be my favorite team so far because their light blue and white color scheme is pretty unique IMO. I personally think Boston's unicorn logo is a little too modern for the time period though, but I could be wrong. Can't wait to see how Gridby plays out!

1/19/2021 9:59 pm  #19

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

Ahh, a reboot of Driveball, huh? Looks good so far! Buffalo may actually be my favorite team so far because their light blue and white color scheme is pretty unique IMO. I personally think Boston's unicorn logo is a little too modern for the time period though, but I could be wrong. Can't wait to see how Gridby plays out!

Does this look better for the time period?

1/20/2021 9:57 am  #20

NeoPrankster wrote:

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

Does this look better for the time period?

Sure does!

Board footera