Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2020 8:16 am  #1

AltBA Design Thread

Last January our growing community began an Alternate Sports Universe. Together, we have already made two fully functioning fantasy league. Those design processes composed of thousands of posts and hundreds of contributors. Our community designed logos, uniforms, arenas and then drafted fantasy teams. And this week, we finished our first ever AltFL season. Luckily for us, our venture coincided with the craziness of 2020. It was a tough year for all...mentally, economically, and physically. 

With the hope that comes tonight with the dawn of 2021 comes our third Alt Sports league. Today we will begin the Alt Basketball Association. With our experience from the AltHL and the AltFL we will be able to streamline the process this time and make it even better than ever. A lot will be the same, so you will know what to expect but there are things that we will improve upon to make things better for everyone. 

Today, I am looking for interested owners. Please PM me with your interest. 

For Interested Owners please keep the following in mind:
-We are a community. We expect that you will participate the best that you can.
-You do NOT need to be an expert design to participate. But if you can't design find another way to contribute to the community. 
-You do NOT need to be an seasoned fantasy basketball player (I personally have never played in a fantasy basketball league) but you do need to give a good effort. Make sure your team is constantly ready to play. For example, there aren't injured players in your starting lineup. 
-You will keep your COOL and not get feisty with the other owners. There is no need for that. And we will take away your franchise from you. 
-Remember when you are an owner, that means that someone else is not able to be one. So take advantage of that spot and have fun with it! 
-Remember the teams are the property of the AltBA and the community. That means that while you control it you can't pass ownership to someone else, you can't move the team or change their look. The teams are designed by the group. 

In the next few days (after I have an owner head count) we will start the city selection portion of our process. Then we will move on to logos and uniforms. Eventually we will move on to the ever-exciting owner draft! That is when you take control of your team for the first time. 

We wanted to launch on New Year's Eve so we can end 2020 with a good taste in our mouth. Looking forward to this adventure with all of you!

12/31/2020 8:43 am  #2

Re: AltBA Design Thread

Let's GO!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

12/31/2020 10:12 am  #3

Wow, consider me surprised! Anyways, I’m excited for this!

12/31/2020 10:26 am  #4

You know what? I said I might be out of this one, but screw what I said earlier, full send, I’m in!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

12/31/2020 10:29 am  #5

I was hoping for baseball because a) it's my favorite sport, and b) to fill the year (hockey in winter/spring, baseball in summer, football in fall), but I'm in.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/31/2020 10:53 am  #6

Oh you KNOW I'm ready!!!!!  Football, basketball and baseball are the sports I do best at following/managing.

Let's do this...

12/31/2020 11:10 am  #7

Count me in!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

12/31/2020 11:16 am  #8

AWWW YEAH!  (Tried to post the meme image, total fail.... ).

Just PM'd Gritty to say I'm in!  What hijinks will AltBL Stickman pull out on his opposition?!  Find out...... SOON!

Last edited by Stickman (12/31/2020 11:18 am)

12/31/2020 12:04 pm  #9

Stickman wrote:

AWWW YEAH!  (Tried to post the meme image, total fail.... ).

Just PM'd Gritty to say I'm in!  What hijinks will AltBL Stickman pull out on his opposition?!  Find out...... SOON!

Time to get that third team in your weird arena!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/31/2020 12:21 pm  #10

Even though I know absolutely nothing about basketball in general, I'm ready to begin another Alt League!

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

Board footera