Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2020 6:03 pm  #331

Re: The AltFL Season 2020

Mission Failed, We’ll Get ‘Em Next Time.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

12/03/2020 7:05 pm  #332

DALLAS (ALTSPN) - AltSPN Dallas correspondent James Herr-O’Nark has finally solved the mystery of the Peterman incidents, a series of AltFL games where the Dallas Bandits’ backup quarterback failed to appear on the sideline. When this story of the missing man broke, the Bandits’ coach Bill Belichek stated, “If Peterman ever wants a chance to step on that field, then he had better show up for games.” Belichek later commented that after that game and each after it that Peterman missed, he steamed all the way home, but after a good night of sleep, he never got around to talking to Peterman.

In Week 12, Herr-O’Nark caught up with Peterman at game time — not at Fort Worth Field, where the game against the Copperheads was held — but at the Oil Bowl, the site of the Bandits primetime games. Nathan Peterman was in the concourse, grilling, and surrounded by a socially-distant group of about 400 Bandits faithful. As he wiped his greasy hands on his Bandits-branded “Kiss the Chef” apron, he left the grill to another fan and sat down with Herr-O’Nark for an interview.

JHO: Nathan Peterman? The Bandits’ backup quarterback?
NP: In the flesh.
JHO: Why aren’t you at the game? What if your team needs you?
NP: They’ll get along. They can use the other guy that they pick up each week. Plus, I haven’t been to a game all year. At this point, I can’t disappoint the guys. (Peterman gestures at the assembled crowd.)
JHO: Who are these people, and why are they here?
NP: I missed the flight to the first game of the season in Birmingham, so I just kinda wandered around the Field, until Kyle, the guy on the grill over there, invited me into his backyard to watch the game with some of his buds. After a great watch party, I said that I would host next week, so I got the keys to the Oil Bowl from a groundskeeper I know, and we’ve just grilled and watched the game on the big screen. It’s been a lot of fun. Each week, the party gets bigger.
JHO: What did you do when the Bandits played the Sabercats here?
NP: I fretted for a bit, but Kyle offered to host again. He got us into Fort Worth Field, and we watched the game on the massive screen there. We plan to go there again for the Bantom Bowl next week. Kyle’s waving me over. Gotta go, the burgers are done. Jimmy from Whataburger got us some patties, and we will be feasting today.

Herr-O’Nark then arrived at Fort Worth Field in time for the second quarter in the Bandits’ heartbreaking loss to the Copperheads. After the game, he spoke to Bandits’ coach Bill Belichek about Peterman. Belichek listened to the whereabouts of his backup QB and only replied, “He’ll be on the sideline for the Bantom Bowl.” More on this story as it develops. 

12/04/2020 9:42 am  #333

I can only hope that Peterman is grilling on the sidelines with Kyle.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/06/2020 7:36 pm  #334

Anyone know the possible outcomes for that 7th and 8th spot? Things seem up in the air at the moment.

12/06/2020 7:59 pm  #335

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Anyone know the possible outcomes for that 7th and 8th spot? Things seem up in the air at the moment.

If Miami or New York win, they're in. If any 6-6 team wins and has more points than MIA or NY (if they lose) and every other 6-6 team that wins, they will make it. If Seattle wins and one of MIA and NY lose, then Seattle is likely in because they have a sizable lead in points scored over the Bandits. Using current standings and projections, It is not unfeasible for any two of Miami, New York, Seattle, Dallas, and Kentucky to make the postseason.

12/06/2020 9:32 pm  #336

JamHeronArk wrote:

If Miami or New York win, they're in. If any 6-6 team wins and has more points than MIA or NY (if they lose) and every other 6-6 team that wins, they will make it. If Seattle wins and one of MIA and NY lose, then Seattle is likely in because they have a sizable lead in points scored over the Bandits. Using current standings and projections, It is not unfeasible for any two of Miami, New York, Seattle, Dallas, and Kentucky to make the postseason.

If it came all the way down to it, wouldn’t head-to-head make a difference? Or is that just for deciding division champions? I just know I beat Kentucky last week.

Based on scores at this moment, it looks like Dallas is going to blow out their opponent. Idk how MIA and them did against each other, but both are solid. Seattle is going full throttle against Goliath to earn a spot right now.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (12/06/2020 9:36 pm)

12/06/2020 10:26 pm  #337

JamHeronArk wrote:

If it came all the way down to it, wouldn’t head-to-head make a difference? Or is that just for deciding division champions? I just know I beat Kentucky last week.

Based on scores at this moment, it looks like Dallas is going to blow out their opponent. Idk how MIA and them did against each other, but both are solid. Seattle is going full throttle against Goliath to earn a spot right now.

Like I said going into the weekend (so no one thinks we are making it up as we go). The first tie breaker is head to head BUT if there are more than two teams tied with the same records then points for is the tie breaker. 

12/07/2020 12:27 am  #338

Gritty wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

Like I said going into the weekend (so no one thinks we are making it up as we go). The first tie breaker is head to head BUT if there are more than two teams tied with the same records then points for is the tie breaker. 

Haha wait a second. Does this mean I could be ranked ahead of someone in my own division, but they end up in the playoffs due to three way tie rule? I'd actually really enjoy a quirk like this. For example, head-to-head puts me over Kentucky in division, but my team can't manage getting more points than Kentucky in a three way tie so I miss a playoff spot? 

12/07/2020 9:59 am  #339

Gritty wrote:

Haha wait a second. Does this mean I could be ranked ahead of someone in my own division, but they end up in the playoffs due to three way tie rule? I'd actually really enjoy a quirk like this. For example, head-to-head puts me over Kentucky in division, but my team can't manage getting more points than Kentucky in a three way tie so I miss a playoff spot? 

Fantrax will not take into account head to head. That's something I am going to do one my end. They'll rank the team with the most fantasy points ahead.  The head to head only comes into play if the two teams that have the qualifying record played each other. If they didn't play then its fantasy points. If it's more than two teams its fantasy points. 

With all of that said it looks like Miami and New York are headed towards losses which means we are going to have some serious craziness for the final two spots. Kentucky, Dallas, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami and New York will all finish with 7-6 records. 

Ironically Seattle by far has the most points among the 6-6 teams but they are projected to lose to Portland which would take them out of the running. It looks like Miami and Dallas have the inside track at the moment. The playoff matchups will be finalized Tuesday night. 

Last edited by Gritty (12/07/2020 10:10 am)

12/08/2020 12:22 am  #340

But then Micah Hyde stepped up for the Emperor defense, and now we put the ball in Andy Dalton's hands for 14.3 points to punch our ticket to the playoffs.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera