Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2020 9:51 am  #131

Re: Solar League Baseball: A Future History

ThisIsFine wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Will expansion stop?

Well, we’ve got room for two more, so...idk.

I have no plans on stopping expansion, however, I don't have any current plans to expand in the "foreseeable" future for this league. 

In other words, I don't mind expanding in the future, but I have no idea where and when they would expand. Before, I always had a picture and a path to get me to 30 teams (the same amount of MLB teams), but nothing beyond that point. 

So for now, I'll start doing season-by-season recaps (finally!) and then I'll reassess things in a couple of years in-game. 

Hope that helps give you a picture of what to expect from me! 

11/24/2020 9:39 pm  #132

2580 Season

In the first season with a 30-team set up, the Luna Apollos and the Mars Warriors faced off in a one-game playoff to vie for the Astro League Inner title. The winner will clinch the divisional title, while the loser will still make the postseason as the No. 5 seed in the AL postseason.

Mars and Luna duked it out and the Warriors came out victorious to clinch the AL Inner Divisional title. The Apollos settled for the no. 5 seed in the postseason.

Getting a good performance from designated hitter Charlie Fishburn, the Warriors defeated the Apollos, 6-4. Fishburn was 3 for 4 with a home run and a double. He scored twice and drove in 5 for the Warriors.

The victory gave the first-place Warriors 96 victories on the season.

And now, the divisional recaps:

AL Inner:

• The Mars Warriors defeated the Luna Apollos in a one-game tiebreaker to clinch the AL Inner Divisional title.
  • The Apollos finished right behind the Warriors with just 95 wins and claimed the no. 5 seed.
  • The Mercury Mets finished with a strong 91-win season, but missed the playoffs by 3.5 games.
  • The Venus Sparrows ended up with a winning season at 85 wins by winning 7 of their last 10 games.
  • The Earth Astronauts couldn’t get anything going as they finished with 74 wins, good for 11th in the league.

AL Middle:

• The Jupiter Kings were the kings of the Solar Leagues this season, as they won 100 games.
  • The Harmony 1’s were right behind the Kings the entire season and came in with 98 wins, good for 2nd most wins in the AL this season. However, they were the tough-luck losers as they must settle for the Wild Card series against the Apollos as the no. 4 seed.
  • The Nolan Engineers had a solid season with 85 wins and finished 3rd in the division.
  • The Callisto Cubs came in at .500 with 81 wins and 81 losses.
  • The Io Vulcans had a historically bad season as they finished with just 51 wins and 111 loses, with a winning percentage of .315.

AL Outer:

• Could we see a history in the making? The traveling expansion team Polaris North Stars took advantage of a weak division and cruised into the postseason with only 84 wins to clinch the no. 3 seed in the playoffs.
  • All four other teams finished with a losing record, with the Ceres Belters coming in with 78 wins.
  • The Titan Kraken outperformed their expectations and finished with 75 wins.
  • The Neptune Mariners struggled the entire season and sank to 72 wins.
  • The Titania Spirits had no magic working for them as they finished with 65 wins.

CL Inner

• The defending Galactic Series champion Venus Reign was expected to decline this season but they exceeded expectations once again as they finished with CL-best 100 wins and the no. 1 seed.
  • The Kennedy Rockets landed behind them with 93 wins, but had to settled for the no. 4 seed in the playoffs.
  • The Valles Marineris Canyons carved out 78 wins.
  • The Horus Pharaohs came in with 76 wins.
  • The PUA Emperors didn’t have anything working for them this season, as they finished with just 59 wins and 103 losses.

CL Middle

• It was a fairly tight race for the CL Middle Divisional title, but the Pamoja Guardians held off the Ganymede Giants in the end with 92 wins.
  • The Giants finished with 89 wins but still will participate in the postseason as the no. 5 seed.
  • The postseason veteran Mendez Islanders had a solid season but faltered late in the season as they finished with 82 wins.
  • The Europa Mastodons and the Ft. Nevada Black couldn’t get anything going as they finished with 67 and 60 wins respectively.

CL Outer

• While the North Stars cruised to a postseason berth, the other traveling expansion team Oort Comets had to battle their way to the top with 96 wins.
  • The Saturn Halos finished 2nd in the division with 87 wins and missed the postseason by 2 games.
  • The Pluto Demons claimed a winning season with 83 wins.
  • The Ceres Gatekeepers underperformed their expectations and finished with 75 wins.
  • The Atlantis A’s rounded out the league with 64 wins.

Here's the playoff picture for the 2580 Postseason! 

RoughRiders9's Notes: 
Now it's finally time for me to start doing a season-by-season recaps! I'm hoping to emulate what a few other users have been doing and will do a round-by-round recap for the postseasons, and then post the league awards after the Galactic Series winner have been crowned. This is my first go at this sort of post, so please bear with me as I work my way through finding a good template to share information with you! 

In the meantime, C+C is always appreciated! 

Thank you! 

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (11/25/2020 10:59 am)

11/24/2020 9:48 pm  #133

You completely messed up the AL outer, the logos aren't where the teams should be. Surprising the two expansion teams did well, what happened?

Last edited by Sevsdast (11/24/2020 9:48 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

11/24/2020 9:57 pm  #134

Sevsdast wrote:

You completely messed up the AL outer, the logos aren't where the teams should be. Surprising the two expansion teams did well, what happened?

Holy crap, thank you for the catch. Don't know how I missed that. Sorry about that! 

As for the expansion teams, they had the luck of being in a relatively weak division, and I set the expansion draft rules to give the expansion teams a little more of a fighting chance. 

In normal real-life MLB expansion drafts, MLB teams were allowed to protect up to 15 players and could only choose 3 (I think) from each team. So theoretically, the expansion teams could have picked the "16th, 17th, and 18th" best player from each team. 

But in the North Stars and Comets' cases, they were able to pick the "10th, 11th, and 12th" best players. 

11/24/2020 10:51 pm  #135

Hopefully my Canyons can do something soon

11/25/2020 10:02 am  #136

Looks like the names and logos don't match up on the CL Middle.

My A's certainly didn't do anything to write home about. Hopefully this will lead to an influx of talent so we can move up the standings.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/25/2020 10:59 am  #137

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Looks like the names and logos don't match up on the CL Middle.

My A's certainly didn't do anything to write home about. Hopefully this will lead to an influx of talent so we can move up the standings.

I need to do a better job of naming my photoshop layers... Thanks for the catch. Sorry about that! 

Hoping to have the results of the first round posted by today! Stay tuned! 

11/25/2020 11:30 am  #138

Wild Card Series

Luna Apollos vs. Harmony 1’s

In a best-of-three Wild Card series with all three games being played at the higher-seeded team’s home stadium, the 98-win Harmony 1’s were a heavy favorite heading into this series. In Game 1 of the series, the 1’s handled the Apollos with solid 7-4 win off the bats of Raul Diaz, who picked up 4 hits for the 1’s.

However, in Game 2, it was a nail-biting game, as the game went into the extras with the 1’s walking it off in the bottom of the 11th inning for a 5-4 victory over the Apollos. The Apollos scored a run in the top of the ninth inning to make it a 4-3 game, but the 1’s tied it in the bottom of the ninth. In the bottom of the 11th, the 1’s hit a walk-off sacrifice fly to send the team to the Astro League Divisional Series against division rival Jupiter Kings.

Ganymede Giants vs. Kennedy Rockets

It was an easy win for the Kennedy Rockets in Game 1 as they plummeted the Ganymede Giants with a convincing 13-1 victory. Three Rockets picked up 3 RBIs apiece while two others had 2 RBIs.

In Game 2, it was a little closer than Game 1 but the Rockets still swept their way into the League Divisional Series with a 7-4 victory over the Giants. Leading the way for the winners was left fielder Jose Navarro, who was named series MVP. For the series, Navarro hit .538. He had 2 home runs, drove in 7 RBI and scored 6 runs.

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (11/25/2020 11:30 am)

11/25/2020 11:45 pm  #139

Bring on Kennedy, lets go Reign!

11/26/2020 9:59 am  #140

Jupiter Kings vs. Harmony 1’s

The Jupiter Kings started the AL Divisional Series strong with a 7-3 home victory over the Harmony 1’s. But the 1’s responded by evening the series with a 4-0 shutout win. The 1’s clipped ahead with a tight 5-4 win. The Kings’ Jaden Johnson racked up 5 RBIs to light up the 1’s, 8-2, to force a Game 5. But the 1’s were just too experienced for the Kings as they put on a convincing 6-3 win to advance to the Astro League Championship Series for the 4th straight year.

Polaris North Stars vs. Mars Warriors

Game 1 of the ALDS between the Polaris North Stars and the Mars Warriors went to Mars thanks to catcher Jim Bratton who went 2 for 4 with a homer and three RBIs. In Game 2, the North Stars walloped Warriors to even the series with a  6-0 victory. They also won the next game to take the series lead. However, the Warriors responded with a shutout victory of their own in Game 4 to force a Game 5. With an easy 11-2 victory for the Warriors, they advance to the ALCS.

Venus Reign vs. Kennedy Rockets

The defending Galactic Series champion Venus Reign kept their regency rolling by sweeping the Kennedy Rockets out of the postseason in three games. The Reign had a pair of 6-3 wins and also shut out the Rockets in Game 2. They outscored the Rockets, 14-6, in the series.

Pamoja Guardians vs. Oort Comets

It was a pitcher’s duel in Game 1 of the CLCS between the Oort Comets and the Pamoja Guardians. The game went into the extra innings, where Nigel Wyatt of the Guardians blasted a solo homer to give Pamoja a 1-0 series lead. In Game 2, the Comets got out to an early lead, but the Guardians put up four unanswered runs to make it a 4-1 ballgame. However, Game 3 was a wild one. Pamoja put up 5 runs in the first inning to make it 5-0. Then the Comets came roaring back with a four-run frame and then tied the game in the next inning. The two teams traded runs in each of the next two innings until the Guardians finally came out on top with a 7-6 victory and a series sweep.

C+C's always appreciated! 

Board footera