Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2020 7:18 pm  #151

Re: West Coast Elite Hockey League

Not to be a tease and further delay the finals, but I think you'll like the peak outside the Twilight's main focus on hockey that this gives. 

Loco for the Locals
     Despite all odds, the number three spot the Bees were awarded during the season had been enough to give the boys, who climbed all the way up the ladder from the basement, home ice advantage. This created an odd situation, though. A double booking of the arena happened when a careless venue operator promised both tenants their home for the night. Not only had the Bees made the finals, but the Salt Lake City Land Sharks of the Professional Box Soccrosse Super League managed to claw their way to the finals in their respective sport, as well. 

On the night of game 1 for the Bees, and a championship deciding game 6 for the Land Sharks, both teams showed up at the entry tunnel fully dressed. After some scrambling, it was decided that the Land Sharks would play their game because they were the favored team in the town, meaning that their chance to win a championship would bring more revenue. In exchange, the Bees roster received free tickets and Buissen was gifted the halftime “full field shot” challenge, which he made, winning him a shirt that was a size too big. When they handed Buissen the mic to ask how he felt, he said, “Most talk about the birds and the bees, but the Sharks and the Bees is Salt Lake’s true love story”! The crowd erupted, and momentum swung heavily to the Land Sharks in the second half. Salt Lake would claim their first professional title in history that night, but the real question is: “How likely is it that lightning strikes twice?”

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (10/24/2020 7:20 pm)

10/24/2020 7:24 pm  #152

Okay... very interesting to see what this Box Soccercorsse thing is. This should be an intriguing Final Series.

10/30/2020 12:25 am  #153

1956/57 WCEHL Finals
     The buzz generated by Buissen set the stage for an exhilarating race to the Magnum. For the first time in a long time a Bees game was sold out past standing room only, and half the fans weren’t even wearing black and gold. Instead, they were ravaging Land Sharks fans prepared to pledge their allegiance to the other team in town. The Grizzlies strolled in with confidence knowing that they had slain Goliath, but were confused on whether or not they read the schedule wrong after seeing so much Land Sharks merchandise in the stands. It wasn’t until puck drop that the California team knew for sure that they were playing, and play they did. 

Game 1

SALT LAKE BEES   2   V   1  CALIFORNIA GRIZZLIES
     From the drop of the puck, the Bees players were buzzing zone to zone, and the Grizzlies were delivering roaring hits. Both sides were trying to win with their own play style, yet neither seemed dominant. Salt Lake would tally first with a stretched breakout pass from Al Stone to Frank Oleson for a breakaway goal that left Shawn Urbair with no option besides watching the puck hit the back of the net. This act would be met with a goal from the California side, when an aggressive forecheck made a Bees defensemen back out of a board battle. This would give the Griz an opportunity to establish in the offensive zone and score off a pass through the slot. 
     The second would blow by without any events worth noting. Both teams had left it all on the ice in the middle frame, making the third look like a slow grind. Most fans in the stadium became anxious knowing that the Grizzlies played better at a slower pace, but it only took one burst of energy for Larry Rogers to break from a neutral scrum and create an opportunity out of thin air. The young wonder skated wide, stopped hard and turned himself away in a twirl from the last defenseman between him and the net. The defenseman lost balance and crashed into the boards, while Rogers made his way to the net and grabbed the game winner for the Salt Lake Bees. While the game wouldn’t go down in history, Roger’s move left its mark, forever being known as the “Roger-Round”.

Game 2

SALT LAKE BEES   4   V   2  CALIFORNIA GRIZZLIES
     If there were any fans who didn’t like the low scoring affair in the first meeting, then they were sure to like this offensive fueled dual. The Bees would, again, score first when Al Stone slid the puck across the point, right in Andress Riekstins wheelhouse. The force of the puck coming off the stick was felt by everyone in the stadium besides Urbair, who got no piece of it. This goal inspired Frank Oleson to let out his inner marksman late in the period when he threaded a shot off the crossbar from the board-side hashmark, making it chirp before the puck landed in the net. The Grizzlies showed some resilience late in the period, though. With a minute left, Wayne Zimmerman put together a play that would remind many of his days with the Arizona Tribe. The veteran went wide as he approached a 1 on 2, beating the first defenseman with shear speed and the second by cutting back through the slot. This would create plenty of space for a shot that would cut the Grizzly’s deficit in half going into the break.
     Period two would provide three more goals being split two to one in the Bees favor. This led to Urbair being pulled, and replaced by Collin Cornish, who probably would be a starter if he played on any other team in the league. The change to Cornish would lighten the bleed for California, but a push to come back was never made. The Grizzlies would have to head home having nothing besides everything to lose.

Game 3

SALT LAKE BEES   4   V   0  CALIFORNIA GRIZZLIES
     When we started this series, we had two teams who both felt they had the Magnum in their hand, but by game three there was only one team who still felt this way. The other team, grasping to hope, would try to use the time they swept the unanimous top team in the league as inspiration, but surely, they were just dwelling on it. This showed in the first period when the Grizzlies let Riekstins score two goals within a minute of each other to steer the Bees in the direction of their first Magnum. Andress, looking for his fourth championship, would not stop getting his name on the scoresheet, collecting a major and a minor at the end of the first when he fought California enforcer, Jack Huff, for slew footing a teammate.
     A powerplay generated by the previously mentioned incident gave the Grizzlies an opportunity to force their way back in the game, but the chance would be taken away as quick as it was given to them. With 50 seconds left in the penalty, Norris Childress blocked a shot and bolted off after the puck going the other way. The Salt Lake assistant captain did not hesitate at the other end, floating a puck under Cornish’s blocker to put Salt Lake ahead 3 to 0. Before Salt Lake hoisted the Magnum for the first time, Andress Riekstins would wipe all hope for the Grizzlies with his third goal of the night. 
     Just like the second hand on the clock, Salt Lake had seen themselves start at eight, shocking the world as they ticked through every team on their way to number one. The buzzer signaled, letting the city of Salt Lake know that they had finally done it. It was time for the glass to smash in the Beehive state.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (10/30/2020 12:28 am)

10/30/2020 9:14 am  #154

Wow what a story in Salt Lake, worst to first just like that! Excited for the offseason, knowing this league something out of the blue will happen.

11/12/2020 1:33 pm  #155

(It is a week after the Salt Lake Bees beat the California Grizzles in the WCEHL Finals, but they aren’t the focus right now. Instead, we see a large office covered in navy and gold with a man sat behind a desk towards the back of the room. The man is French Friday, and the look of disgust and frustration is painted across his face.)

*A man walks in to the office*

French Friday
     Mayor, I did not expect you, nor do I want you here. You broke our deal. This stadium was meant to be a surprise for the city. You were supposed to keep a secret, you lose-lipped, sorry looking politician. My god would do a better job in your position. At least he wouldn’t bark like you!... I’m sorry I misspoke; my pup actually barks a lot now that I think of it.

Long Beach Mayor
     I am sorry French, but after our team’s meltdown in the playoffs I thought it would be nice to lift the spirits of our disgruntled city. Besides, how am I expected to explain gifting four million in tax payer money to you?

French Friday
     It’s a public project!

Long Beach Mayor
     That’s being kept private?

French Friday
     We are years out from even breaking ground on this stadium. What is the point of going against our deal now?

Long Beach Mayor
     French, people are always asking “which came first, the chicken or the egg?”, pondering like a fool. I do not partake in this act. Instead, I put a gun to the chicken and egg’s head and demand answers.

French Friday
     What the f*** does that even mean, Mayor?

*The mayor looked down at the stadium ad, looked back up at Friday and grinned*

Long Beach Mayor
     You’ll figure it out.

*The mayor winks before turning and walking slowly out the door.*

French Friday
     I swear, I’m pushed closer to insanity with every day I occupy this lea-

*Friday is interrupted by a body launching through his office window, smashing the glass to pieces.*

(From the damage, Anastasio Moran emerged.)

Moran
     Sorry boss, a guy was looking at me funny so I tried to fight him.

*French sighs*

French Friday
     Anastasio, we have talked about this. That is your reflection. How can you be the absolute smartest man to touch the ice, yet the densest off of it? I need a drink.

11/12/2020 2:32 pm  #156

Uh, why is this necessary?

11/12/2020 3:29 pm  #157

Rugrat wrote:

Why is anything necessary?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/12/2020 3:42 pm  #158

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Exactly! You've been around this thread for some time. You should know the name of the game, Rugrat. No rules!

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (11/12/2020 3:43 pm)

11/12/2020 3:47 pm  #159

Oh man, this some good dialogue. I hope to Dog something happens to Mr. Friday.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/12/2020 4:15 pm  #160

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Exactly! You've been around this thread for some time. You should know the name of the game, Rugrat. No rules!

Ok then

Board footera