Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2020 8:04 am  #1

Quebec Amateur Hockey League

Hi everyone, after following Section 30's MAHL since its debut, I have decided to make a Quebec-based league in the same universe as the MAHL. This league will be called the Quebec Amateur Hockey League (QAHL) or Ligue Québécoise de Hockey Amateur (LQHA) in French

Backstory of the league 
In the mid-1940s, the success of the MAHL in Minnesota was starting to have repercussions across the North East, most particularly in the province of Quebec. So, as the 1944/45 MAHL season unfolded, many people in Quebec wanted to see a league like that in their province too and the project to create a MAHL-like league in Quebec was born. At the head of this project was Quebec City businessman Charles Bellerose who saw the success of the MAHL himself when he was in Minnesota for a business trip. Montreal, Quebec City and Trois-Rivières were first awarded teams and afterwards, they accepted three other members in Drummondville, Sherbrooke and Shawinigan. The league would begin to play at the same time as the MAHL’s 1945/46 season. A championship trophy for the league was also commissioned by players of all six teams. This new trophy would be called the Coupe Cartier, named after French explorer Jacques Cartier who was the first European to set foot on the territory of Quebec

Uniforms and logos for the teams will come later as will the championship trophy. I hope that I will captivate the readers of this website with my new league

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (5/08/2021 6:06 pm)

10/24/2020 4:14 pm  #2

Re: Quebec Amateur Hockey League

Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

10/24/2020 4:25 pm  #3

Section30 wrote:

You're collaborating with him, right?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/24/2020 4:51 pm  #4

Sevsdast wrote:

Section30 wrote:

No, he has my permission to use the same universe as the MAHL, but I am not affiliated with this project

10/24/2020 8:35 pm  #5

Section30 wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Section30 wrote:

No, he has my permission to use the same universe as the MAHL, but I am not affiliated with this project

Wait, were you allowed to mention your works in my universe? Or do I need permission from you?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

10/24/2020 10:04 pm  #6

Oh, boy, oh, boy! I can't wait; this is going to be good.

10/24/2020 10:29 pm  #7

I too look forward to seeing the uniforms.

10/27/2020 1:04 am  #8

Montreal would the first city to unveil their uniforms. The team would be called the Nationals and their colours are inspired by the Montreal Canadiens of the NHL. Their logo consists of a big M for Montreal and a small N for Nationals.

I hope you enjoy this first uniform, as I said I am not a pro, so it's a bit wonky, and yes I've borrowed S30's template with his permission. I will be collaborating with Gritty for this as well so if the template changes or the logos, it will be because of that

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (10/27/2020 1:13 am)

10/27/2020 7:10 am  #9

A very simple classic look here, my recommendation would be to make the numbers a bit taller if you can, plus (fun fact) pants weren’t given a dye treatment until late ‘50s, but that’s not a knock on the design, just a fun fact. Still like the look though!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/27/2020 7:24 am  #10

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera