Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2020 10:18 am  #181

Re: The AltFL Season 2020

*Checks QB Rankings*: Kyler Murray, ok, makes sense, Mahomes, yep, he's amazing, Josh Allen, yep, of course,... wait a minute. Josh Allen? That's a great pick by St. Louis if Buffalo continues steamrolling their opponents.

The Reapers are doing quite well for me, my Panthers players have exceeded expectations. My only concern is when CMC returns and Mike Davis sees less playing time. My defense has been kinda spotty, but it's solid enough and I usually get a player or two that goes off each week. Glad to see Shaq on the North team. I'm thinking that barring major injuries I'll be competing for a playoff spot come December.

On a side note, that Vulcans helmet is awesome.

10/21/2020 10:34 am  #182

Tank Bowl II, Orlando vs Minnesota

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/21/2020 12:17 pm  #183

QCS wrote:

*Checks QB Rankings*: Kyler Murray, ok, makes sense, Mahomes, yep, he's amazing, Josh Allen, yep, of course,... wait a minute. Josh Allen? That's a great pick by St. Louis if Buffalo continues steamrolling their opponents.

The Reapers are doing quite well for me, my Panthers players have exceeded expectations. My only concern is when CMC returns and Mike Davis sees less playing time. My defense has been kinda spotty, but it's solid enough and I usually get a player or two that goes off each week. Glad to see Shaq on the North team. I'm thinking that barring major injuries I'll be competing for a playoff spot come December.

Yeah, I need CMC to return because my 3rd RB is either AJ Dillon (who isn't playing much in GB) or LaMichal Perine for the Jets, who is frustrating as I have no idea why the Jets are continuing with Gore.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/21/2020 12:20 pm  #184

QCS wrote:

I’m honestly surprised my gamble of taking Allen at Round 2 is paying off, he’s torching defenses!

My strategy going in was to have a sense of balance on the roster. No need for 8 QBs, only need 2. Having subs everywhere can make roster decisions at the deadline less of a hassle. With the amount of injuries I’ve had, it’s made scrambling for a fill in very less needed. Also having Montez Sweat has made things easier, seeing as he acts as a 5th LB in a pinch.

Also Dan, as the one with Frank Gore, he’s still able to get some decent mileage for me, so I’d rather not have to fall back on JD McKissic.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (10/21/2020 12:24 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/21/2020 1:42 pm  #185

Looking at our all division team, I feel like the scary crows might be lacking on offense.

10/21/2020 2:22 pm  #186

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Looking at our all division team, I feel like the scary crows might be lacking on offense.

So you’re saying drafting all the defensive players was a bad idea?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/22/2020 12:40 am  #187

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

So you’re saying drafting all the defensive players was a bad idea?

You get points how you get points. I don’t care which side of the ball you get them. I do like all the orange on the little graphic though.

10/22/2020 10:01 am  #188

I did not expect TJ Hockenson to be my only All-Division team member.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/22/2020 3:14 pm  #189

After 5 straight losses, your Scorpions head to the city of Charlotte, NC for a date with the Reapers. The Scorpions will be wearing their traditional white road uniforms.
Tune in to Fox Sports Arizona for the game at 11 am MST
#ForTheValley #FreezeTheReapers

Last edited by Rugrat (10/22/2020 3:15 pm)

10/22/2020 5:01 pm  #190

Rugrat wrote:

After 5 straight losses, your Scorpions head to the city of Charlotte, NC for a date with the Reapers. The Scorpions will be wearing their traditional white road uniforms.
Tune in to Fox Sports Arizona for the game at 11 am MST
#ForTheValley #FreezeTheReapers

Maybe you would win more games with your star Running Back.

Board footera