Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2020 9:16 am  #21

Re: Information and Sign-Up

FC Macbeth wrote:

QCS wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

Is this the part where we create our own collegiate teams and create lore behind iu?

No lore, this is a community exercise to create a resource for anyone who wants to use these colleges. We will be making our own new colleges!

Ah, yeah. But what does that mean?

It's an exercise to create a fictional database of colleges that anyone can use in their stories. Mostly, it's a design challenge for anyone interested in participating.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/02/2020 3:03 pm  #22

QCS as a subset of QCS? This is not going to get confusing...

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/02/2020 3:12 pm  #23

With so many fictional countries on these boards I expect some unique study abroad opportunities with our colleges. 

9/02/2020 3:27 pm  #24

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

QCS as a subset of QCS? This is not going to get confusing...

Haha, it might. The name wasn't my idea, but I figured with me posting the info stuff it would make sense to connect the two.

Gritty wrote:

With so many fictional countries on these boards I expect some unique study abroad opportunities with our colleges. 

I know, right? Imagine traveling to Torland or Yorkland for your sports marketing major. It'd be very informational, I bet!

Anyway, quick announcement to make: so far, we have 26 people signed up. Scratch, Wallflower, and I will be working to iron out the details and get everything running very soon, so stay tuned. No set date yet, but it will be sooner rather than later. We don't know exactly how many groups/number of people in the groups we'll have yet, but we're hoping for no more than 4 to a group to minimize the pains of trying to communicate with everyone. 

9/02/2020 10:17 pm  #25

There are some major cities that could actually hold multiple colleges for this project. These would be Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Washington DC and Atlanta.

Minneapolis and St. Paul could each have one college for this project.

Here are some smaller metropolitan areas that could also have schools for this project.
Holland, MI
Darien, CT
Westchester County, NY
Stamford, CT
Pensacola, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Sacramento, CA
Steamboat Springs, CO
Roswell, NM

9/02/2020 11:07 pm  #26

I like to use the California Missions and give California a Mission University System

9/03/2020 11:09 am  #27

NeoPrankster wrote:

There are some major cities that could actually hold multiple colleges for this project. These would be Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Washington DC and Atlanta.

Minneapolis and St. Paul could each have one college for this project.

Here are some smaller metropolitan areas that could also have schools for this project.
Holland, MI
Darien, CT
Westchester County, NY
Stamford, CT
Pensacola, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Sacramento, CA
Steamboat Springs, CO
Roswell, NM

Hey, glad to see you! If you want to participate, go ahead and use the sign-up form on the first page of this topic.

GregTheWolf144 wrote:

I like to use the California Missions and give California a Mission University System

Clever! However, you'll be working in groups, so hold on to your ideas for now!

9/03/2020 12:36 pm  #28

Just signed! 

9/06/2020 4:07 pm  #29

Just signed.

9/25/2020 8:49 pm  #30

IMPORTANT MESSGE
Good job to all the groups and individuals in Round 1! Things look sharp and I can't wait to help set up a visual experience that showcases all of the unique submissions we have received. In preparation for this, I request that you email all fonts used to the AHSportsCollegeProject@gmail.com so that we can cleanly transfer any numbers between templates, and use them to make presentations more unique. Please don't just throw them in an email and ship them off. There is a lot to do behind the scenes now and a little organization will go a long way. One email can contain all schools created from a group, but please break them down by school and sport. We would also appreciate anything else you believe would be beneficial to us at QCS for this part of the project to make sure schools are represented appropriately. For example: Hex Codes, logo vectors, school trends or even the general vibe that might make up the school. If we get stuck we will be sure to contact you, so group leaders be on standby! To those who submitted a team last night and have not heard anything back yet, we are working on some critique still so give a little time. I believe all have gotten a thumbs up, but we want to help give some ideas from an outside perspective.

Appreciate you all!

Board footera