Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2020 11:04 pm  #91

Re: Term 1 - Group 5

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Also DP, I didn’t mind the feedback. I get what you meant and I’ll see what I can do.

9/20/2020 11:11 pm  #92

Here are my little additions.

Personally, I think this looks like a finished logo.  What do you think?

9/21/2020 2:27 am  #93

Burmy87 wrote:

It VERY nearly looks like a finished logo...it just needs one LITTLE mark somewhere on the ship (Maybe the "VM" on the crow's nest of the "Ironclads" wordmark on the port bow)

I'll try putting together the finishing touches here...and Dr. Pepper, if you could keep your feedback in your OWN group, that would be great.  Thank you.

That clad is clean, but I think I’d keep the ears open on the feedback. The wave could use some sharper edges that would help make it look like they are being broken by the focal point. (No shame when it comes to getting this right. Water is absolutely the hardest thing I’ve ever dabbled with.) I’d maybe even use some white to help with the ripple look of the water because right now a lot is looking stagnant and the colors seem to blend. I’ll also echo the call for balance when it comes to spacing of the text. I think you’re very close!

As for the reason why I’m quoting. I think a good resource is anyone in the community that is willing to help. I understand you all are working very hard to produce the best possible result, but in the spirit of the project I think pushing limits is encouraged. There is no reason to force someone out who is trying to help contribute. I wish I had more of this when I was developing, maybe then it wouldn’t have taken 8 years to get to where I am today. It is ok to have pride, but when a mod comments you have to realize that there is only good intentions. Honestly, The thoughts given by Pepper and 30 would have probably been brought up by the QCS as well.

Also, don’t let that deadline make you feel pressure. My own group is in the same exact spot as yours.... you’ve all been great together and I’m sure VMA will have their cake and eat it too when it comes to the presentation phase.

Push for more.

9/21/2020 7:06 am  #94

I had thought that there was a rule that each group thread was for that group and that group only...could someone clarify, please?

9/21/2020 7:31 am  #95

No, the group threads are for the team to work with each other, anyone can comment on any group thread without permission of the group.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/21/2020 9:57 am  #96

I think we can keep the monogram on the gunport, but “forged for battle” is a little too much.

P.S. I think this makes for a good secondary mark.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (9/21/2020 10:02 am)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/21/2020 11:15 am  #97

ThisIsFine wrote:

I think we can keep the monogram on the gunport, but “forged for battle” is a little too much.

P.S. I think this makes for a good secondary mark.

About to make the fix in a bit.

PS: I apologize to anyone I may have upset with my comments...I misunderstood the rules in thinking that only members of a group were allowed to comment in group threads, but now I see otherwise.

9/21/2020 11:33 am  #98

Burmy87 wrote:

PS: I apologize to anyone I may have upset with my comments...I misunderstood the rules in thinking that only members of a group were allowed to comment in group threads, but now I see otherwise.

All good, to clarify for everyone, feedback is completely okay. Issues arise when an outside creator would be infringing on the creative process (like completely new ideas or designing logos or jerseys). 

9/21/2020 2:56 pm  #99

I did a few tweaks, most notably adding some iron plating detail onto the ship:

The water isn't quite final, but I tried to make it less smooth. Thoughts?

9/21/2020 4:32 pm  #100

Great job CC, the new ship looks great! The spacing on the roundel is also much better, well done

The water is also a big improvement, but I think adding a couple highlights to add a little definition to the water would push it over the top. The only other thing I'd tweak with the water is the front wave, rn it is really thin and pointed, I'd make it less dramatic of a curve to better match the rest (I hope that makes sense)

Last edited by Section30 (9/21/2020 4:34 pm)

Board footera