Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2020 4:33 pm  #71

Re: Term 1 - Group 5

Here are the basketball unis (the ship logo's gonna go on the shorts once it's complete)

Home

Away

Alternate

9/12/2020 7:02 pm  #72

Basketball looks great, well done Burmy!

9/12/2020 7:02 pm  #73

So I think all we need now is the ship logo and adding it to the uniforms and were good to go

9/12/2020 7:04 pm  #74

Section30 wrote:

So I think all we need now is the ship logo and adding it to the uniforms and were good to go

I think so too...once our ship comes in, I'm ready to seal the unis with it and we're set!

9/13/2020 5:56 pm  #75

Alright, I know I said I'd get the ship done this weekend, and I think I have an alright (if a bit janky) draft going, but I don't know where to go from here. 

The main thing I'm struggling with is the shading and color of the ship itself (I went for the USS Monitor as a base). I was going to use black as an outline, but I opted for the gray and now I can't quite figure out what color to use for the ship itself. In addition, I think it looks somewhat empty just by itself. The ship coming out of the circle I am fine with, but the ship itself I'm not.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by CCLXXXVII (9/13/2020 5:58 pm)

9/13/2020 6:02 pm  #76

My suggestions:

*Color the boat grey
*make the boat’s outline darker gray. (Give it a little shading if you want, I don’t mind.)
*Change the roundel color to maroon, and the roundel outline to blue.
*Put a grey outline around the text.
*If you want to make it more interesting, maybe put up a historically-accurate smokestack, and maybe a flagpole with a simplified Virginia flag on it.

Other than that, good job, could work as both a primary and a secondary.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (9/13/2020 6:07 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/13/2020 7:32 pm  #77

My suggestions to prevent the empty space would be thickening the roundel so the font has more room and moving it more to the left. I would also increase the size of the actual ship so it fills up most of the space inside the roundel, you might need to cut out some of the detail near the back of the boat behind the roundel

Other than that I'll just echo ThisIsFine who had some really good advise. I would definitely say go more heavy on gray and maroon with blue used in accent places

One last thing I just thought is that it might look a bit weird to see a flying boat coming out of the roundel so what if you added some "water" below the ship. It's a good start and I look forward to seeing the progression

Last edited by Section30 (9/13/2020 7:32 pm)

9/13/2020 8:17 pm  #78

What they all said...this is a good start, and with our groupmates' suggested tweaks, I know it'll look fantastic!

9/17/2020 7:01 pm  #79

Bumping this thread up a bit for an update...I talked to CCLXXXVII, and the fixes are comin' soon (this weekend).

Just to make sure you're all still with me here...

9/17/2020 7:38 pm  #80

Burmy87 wrote:

Bumping this thread up a bit for an update...I talked to CCLXXXVII, and the fixes are comin' soon (this weekend).

Just to make sure you're all still with me here...

I was thinking of asking everyone about our progress, but I didn’t wanna seem like I was hassling you.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera