Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2020 5:07 pm  #21

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

Hey I just realized this now, is Coastal Florida too close to Florida Gulf Coast? I’m cool either way we go with this one, just figured I’d throw that out there.

9/05/2020 5:45 pm  #22

ANDY! wrote:

Hey I just realized this now, is Coastal Florida too close to Florida Gulf Coast? I’m cool either way we go with this one, just figured I’d throw that out there.

Sorry to interrupt, but I'll answer this: no, you're good. I love your Coastal Florida Comets idea, can't wait to see what you can come up with!

9/05/2020 6:10 pm  #23

Looks like Coastal Florida Comets is the way to go! Now we've gotta start thinking about designs some more, and which sports we'll be designing for. I think hockey's probably the least likely, but any combination of the other five makes sense to me, though I think we should have football and baseball. What do you guys think?

I was also thinking about colors some more, and I still like the purple and gold idea, but I thought that if we're gonna be Coastal Florida, we should probably have some shade of blue, so what if we did a four-color scheme of purple, teal, gold, and white? I feel like that could look really sharp.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/05/2020 6:32 pm  #24

That would look really sharp. I’m cool with football and baseball for sure. I think we could do basketball as well (I just found a really good template) and I can’t remember if it’s an option, but soccer would fit nicely.

9/05/2020 6:54 pm  #25

Soccer was an option, yeah. I'm cool with those four sports (assuming everyone else is).

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/05/2020 7:40 pm  #26

Florida is big for baseball. And I love the idea of lacrosse

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/05/2020 8:04 pm  #27

I’d be fine with switching basketball with lacrosse. It would be a fun challenge to do a sport I’ve never designed before

9/05/2020 8:16 pm  #28

Yeah, I like lacrosse too. I think we can move forward with that.

So just to summarize, here's what we've got so far:

School name - Coastal Florida University
Nickname - Comets
Colors - purple (mandatory), teal, gold, white (here are the shades I've been using:​)
Sports - baseball, football, lacrosse, soccer

We still need a primary and secondary logo, a script, and uniforms to put them on. I'm thinking our primary logo should be an actual comet, and I've got something I'm putting together for that (though if anyone else wants to take a shot feel free). For our secondary logo, do we want to do a CF/CFU monogram or try another angle? I'm not sure what that other angle would be, but that's why there are four of us. Also, and this is something I've been struggling with myself, how outlandish do we want the uniforms to be? I sort of feel like with such a unique color scheme the uniforms could be classic and still stand out, but we could also go in a really modern direction with this.

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (9/05/2020 8:17 pm)

9/05/2020 8:37 pm  #29

Could you give the specific color codes?

9/05/2020 8:39 pm  #30

Sure thing!

purple: #340068
teal: #02A4AC
gold: #FFB81C
white: #FFFFFF

Board footera