Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2020 12:35 pm  #11

Re: Term 1 - Group 5

CCLXXXVII wrote:

I concur on “Forged for Battle”

I can also get a secondary logo together later today, I’m away from my computer at the moment. I’ll try to make sure it’s not too similar to VMI’s logo though.

I know you'll do an awesome job.

9/05/2020 2:47 pm  #12

Big fan of all the stuff you guys mentioned already

I think that I could definitely help out with the logo aspect like cleaning up and tweaking stuff. I would also be down to work on a VMA monogram

9/05/2020 4:19 pm  #13

Here's my first go at a monogram/logo. I tried getting an A in there too, but it just made it cluttered and I think that they don't really need it (think Air Force using AF for their logo instead of AFA). I also wasn't sure about what shade of gray to use so this is just a placeholder for the time being

Last edited by Section30 (9/05/2020 4:20 pm)

9/05/2020 5:03 pm  #14

The monogram definitely looks different enough to distinguish from VMI’s, and the shade of grey is perfect. My only thought is that if we have a university called Maritime with a nickname based on a boat, we should probably work in blue somehow. Maybe add a thin blue outline around the outside of the logo, then we can compare them, and then we can work on making the logo with the actual boat.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (9/05/2020 5:04 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/05/2020 5:47 pm  #15

I did a bit of experimenting myself, but I struggled with trying to get the M in there. Section I didn't want to exactly copy you so I tried to put the M on bottom, but I was unsure of how I should design the V.

Here's what I've got if you guys have any suggestions:

9/05/2020 5:55 pm  #16

CCLXXXVII wrote:

I did a bit of experimenting myself, but I struggled with trying to get the M in there. Section I didn't want to exactly copy you so I tried to put the M on bottom, but I was unsure of how I should design the V.

Here's what I've got if you guys have any suggestions:

What if the bottom of the V forms part of the M?

9/05/2020 5:56 pm  #17

ThisIsFine wrote:

The monogram definitely looks different enough to distinguish from VMI’s, and the shade of grey is perfect. My only thought is that if we have a university called Maritime with a nickname based on a boat, we should probably work in blue somehow. Maybe add a thin blue outline around the outside of the logo, then we can compare them, and then we can work on making the logo with the actual boat.

What he said...but I'm curious about how blue would look in the space between the gray outline and the maroon letters.

9/05/2020 6:23 pm  #18

I imagine changing the white in the monogram to blue would look terrible, and that’s why I suggested an outline instead.

Also, since most of the other groups are discussing this, what sports are we gonna be designing for? My idea is Football (Obviously, why else would you have a team called the Ironclads?), Basketball, and Baseball.

9/05/2020 8:43 pm  #19

How's this with blue added?

For sports I for sure think Football, Baseball, and Basketball, and I also think Soccer could be an option as well

9/05/2020 9:26 pm  #20

Section30 wrote:

How's this with blue added?

For sports I for sure think Football, Baseball, and Basketball, and I also think Soccer could be an option as well

I think it’s pretty good, and I support soccer as one of our sports. Let’s just see what everyone else thinks.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (9/05/2020 9:29 pm)

Board footera