Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2020 6:21 am  #21

Re: Association of Yorkland Football

Bulls: It's very Buffao Bills, very I believe you already mentioned was intentional.  I do really like this design a lot, the charging bull in particular on the helmet is very nice!

Thunder: I like the helmet design, but I'm not sure I'm fond of the use of the 2 grays. Like it's a good idea, but I'm not sure it really got utilized enough, it seems like the dark gray only exists on the home set.  Would have liked to have seen even just a little of the dark gray on the away set too, as the design would be more cohesive to this uniform set.  Guessing the numbers on the home set are supposed to be dark gray and not randomly black, right?  Not my personal favorite, but I like the ideas behind this one and the name is creative for a jet themed team!

Skyscrapers: I really like the colorful logo on an otherwise black and white team.  It's like the Steelers use of blue and orange diamonds on their logo when they don't present on the jersey itself.  Had the team had a more colorful palate, the colors in the logo could have gotten lost in the design.  With black and white uniforms, these colors pop out a lot more!

Evergreens: Another nice uniform!  I do wonder if the evergreen on the green helmet would get lost watching from tv or something, as the colors are pretty similar.  Other than that, I really enjoy this set a lot, double green is always a welcome choice!

Killer Whales: I love that logo!  Very nice job there!  Would have loved to have seen that on the helmet itself, (I know it's on the shoulders though), but the numbers on the helmet is a nice touch.  The uniform long stripes down the sides are pretty different, but they do look nice here!

Blue Jays: Like with the Thunder, I would have liked to have seen a little more cohesiveness between the home and away sets.  Again, I see exactly what you're doing, the home set is darker, and the away set is lighter, it's a nice concept.  The problem is that you risk making the jerseys look like they belong to two different teams, rather than the same team.  A little light blue on the home set (I do see it on the helmet maybe the gloves?) and a little dark blue on the away set would go a long way here, (you wouldn't have to use too much) to being more uniform in design.  As it is though, both of these uniforms look really awesome on it's overall one of my favorite designs!

Attack: The logo is excellent and I like the use of putting the logo at the front of the helmet, definitely feels like they're attacking the other team!  Considering how elaborate the logo is, the uniforms themselves are quite simple by comparison, simple monochrome for home and away.  Very modern and I think this is one of the best designs of all of these teams!

Sting:  I like the honeycomb helmet, very good use of the theme. I don't love the lack of white on the home set though, as the helmet itself is white, but with no other use of that color, I do feel the color balancing is off just a bit.  It's definitely not a problem on the away set, where there are other major elements of the uniform that use the same color as the helmet, so the color balance feels better there.  

Chinooks: That logo is excellent and the color combination is very nice here.  This is my favorite team of the league!

Land Sharks: The home set's color balance is a bit off here, the top is black heavy and the bottom of course is very red.  The color balance is just a bit lop-sided here, more black (like striping or bolder outlines) would help with that.   You do have black socks and shoes though.... so I may have to look at this one again.  The away set is very nice though and that top shoulder color approach is cool!

Overall, really good job here!  Definitely excited to see how this plays out!

Last edited by Stickman (8/31/2020 6:46 am)

8/31/2020 9:24 am  #22

Appreciate all the feedback! There will definitely be tweaks in the future and alternates etc. so all the feedback will for sure be considered.

For the Bulls, it's an homage to Buffalo as I said, but I also went with the red pants which the Bills have never done and fans have wanted for years. I think they turned out nice and are one of my favourites.

I wanted to add black to the Thunder but felt it came across too much like Brooklynn so I tried the all grays. I think it works but I agree it could use some of the darker gray somewhere. I'll have to work on the tweaks.

With Brooklynn, I tried to put the gradient on the numbers but it just felt off. Everywhere I tried to add colour seemed force so I went with the plain jerseys. I agree though, splicing the blue and yellow/orange in could really make it pop.

The Evergreens I had in my head ever since I developed the country. I always pictured a forest between North and South Puslinch and knew I would name one team after the forest somewhere. Evergreens finally stuck out and I love the double green jerseys. I think the numbers on the away need to be cleaned out but it's a minor thing and maybe just me?

To be honest, the Killer Whales logo was developed as a YHL expansion team but I thought it worked better as a football logo and used it here. I originally had the homes as black with blue trim but then thought there was too much black in the league. I'll definitely explore a black jersey in the future though.

The Bluejays I had the light blue in place of the white but it didn't feel like it meshed well for some reason so I went with the two different colour jerseys. I prefer the light blue though so that may become their more prominent colour in the future.

The Attack I tried to make as simple but elegant as I could ... much like a bear. They're such cool looking animals but are naturally just plain, usually one colour but yet so majestic. The bear head facing forward was an experiment. Wasn't sure how it would play out but I think it was OK. I think I can still clean it up much nicer.

The Sting to me are like Michigan with their one helmet fits all. It probably works better with dark helmets, but I just dug the honeycomb look so much I wanted to use it for both sets. I think with a yellow jersey it may have not stuck out as much, but I went with the black as an homage to my hometown Hamilton Tiger Cats.

The Chinooks I played around with for a loooooong time. That was another potential YHL team but then when I got to maroonish and gold it started to feel football to me and I rolled with it. I love the gold helmets personally.

The Land Sharks I felt I could be more out of the box with just because of their crazy team name. Went with a more hockey approach to the jerseys. I think there is room for improvement there too but I think it's a really sold base and is if nothing else, a clean look.

I appreciate all the feedback from everybody. I am looking forward to digging into this along with expanding the YHL and in the near future potentially expanding the universe even further. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew though and burn myself out so I'm sure football and hockey will be the 2 main sports for now. Also, I have never been into designing football uniforms until this project when it somehow just all clicked and I got into a really good groove. I don't think I even submitted an AltFL football uniform after submitting something for every AltHL team, so that says a lot about how I felt about football design. But man, now that I'm off the ground, I can't wait to expand the league haha.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

8/31/2020 10:46 am  #23

1995 Regular Season

Thousands of fans packed the stands as the AYF kicked off it’s inaugural season with Prime Minister Cochrane doing the coin toss in Battlefield. Speaking of Battlefield, the Thunder has great campaign, finishing 12-6 and second overall with a first round bye. Battlefield had a fantastic offensive year lead by QB Channing Gates.

Just ahead of Battlefield was the Lake Phoenix Land Sharks. Going 13-5, the Sharks defense was a force to be reckon with. Led by Giovanni Morris on the line, the Sharks ate up opposing offenses all year. Their own offense left a lot to be desired but managed to do just enough every week to get the wins. We’ll see if defense wins championships.

In third place was the Brooklynn Skyscrapers who immediately have had more success than their hockey counterparts and have fully gained support from the locals. Also going 12-6, they secured home field in the wild card round. Much like Lake Phoenix, the Skyscrapers had a towering defence and an ok offense.

Also getting home field in the wild card round is the 4th place Pleasantview Attack who went 11-7. The opposite can be said about Pleasantview, who had to put up massive points each week with a pretty weak defense. Led by WR Eduardo Browning who had 16 touchdowns on the year, the Attack do what their owner wanted and playing attacking offense.

5th place and wild card 1 went to the Bayleigh Bluejays. The double blues went 9-9 and won a tie breaker on head to head points. Bayleigh should have been much better on paper with a great defense and pretty good offense but never truly put it together in the regular season. We will see if they can put it together in the playoffs.

The final playoff spot goes to the Bentley Evergreens who also went 9-9 and beat out Calcolo Creek on head to head points with the tie-breaker. The Evergeens had an explosive offense but their defence was brutal. While it was enough to outscore the Whales for the final playoff spot, they are in tough against Brooklynn in the wild card game, which is already being dubbed the “Puslinch Bowl” by local fans.

The Killer Whales, who also went 9-9, will be disappointed to miss the playoffs but ultimately need work. Both sides of the ball were just alright and nothing special. QB Dexter Atkins was their star, but he needs more to work with next year.

Rounding out the bottom was Lake Hope, Eastdale and York Mills. All three teams have a lot of work to do if they want to compete in 1996. Eastdale has 2 star linemen in Elliot Blevins and Cody Edwards, but neither can score the team points. Lake Hope will need a QB as their starter Davon Mccullough was just brutal and doesn’t look like he can compete at this level. York Mills QB Ethan Davidson has star potential, but had no time to do anything in the pocket, often scrambling and taking sacks. He was sacked on average 3 times a game and the Bulls were the clear bottom feeder team of the league.

Up next, the 1995 Wild Card Round
Brooklynn Skyscrapers vs. Bentley Evergeens and Pleasantview Attack vs. Bayleigh Bluejays!

8/31/2020 11:38 am  #24

Lets go Attack the Bluejays pleasentview!

9/01/2020 1:02 pm  #25

1995 Wild Card Round

Brooklynn Skyscrapers vs. Bentley Evergreens
Q1
Ronald Keith 9 yard TD Run (7-0 Brooklynn)
Cameron Hamilton 38 yard TD pass from Danny Davis (14-0 Brooklynn)
Tommy Stevens 41 yard FG is good (14-3 Brooklynn)
Tommy Stevens 23 yard FG is good (14-6 Brooklynn)
Tommy Stevens 35 yard FG is good (14-9 Brooklynn)
Q2
Riley Moore sacks Danny Davis for a safety (14-11 Brooklynn)
Ronald Keith 46 yard TD Run (21-11 Brooklynn)
Q3
Tommy Stevens 18 yard FG is good (21-14 Brooklynn)
Bobby Hart 24 yard FG is good (24-14 Brooklynn)
Bobby Hart 27 yard FG is good (27-14 Brooklynn)
Austyn Marquez 9 yard TD pass from Danny Davis (34-14 Brooklynn)
Q4
Tommy Stevens 41 yard FG is good (34-17 Brooklynn)
Tommy Stevens 25 yard FG is good (34-20 Brooklynn)
Danny Davis 1 yard TD Run (41-20 Brooklynn)
Tommy Stevens 23 yard FG is good (41-23 Brooklynn)

FINAL - Brooklynn 41, Bentley 23

Pleasantview Attack vs. Bayleigh Bluejays
Q1
Eduardo Browning 61 yard TD Pass from Joey Cochran (7-0 Pleasantview)
Zachariah Morrison 82 yard Punt Return TD (14-0 Pleasantview)
Q2
Brooks Gibson 39 yard FG is good (14-3 Pleasantview)
Brooks Gibson 28 yard FG is good (14-6 Pleastantview)
Brooks Gibson 51 yard FG is good (14-9 Pleasantview)
Q3
Kai Macdonald 42 yard TD Run (16-14 Bayleigh)
Joe Alford intercepts Joey Cochran for a pick-6 (23-14 Bayleigh)
Xavier Dickerson 3 yard TD pass from Brendon Fischer (30-14 Bayleigh)
Q4
Jerry Melendez 78 yard TD Run (30-21 Bayleigh)
Brendon Fischer 1 yard TD Run (37-21 Bayleigh)

FINAL - Bayleigh 37, Pleasantview 21

Up next, the 1995 Semi-Finals:
Lake Phoenix Land Sharks vs. Bayleigh Bluejays and Battlefield Thunder vs. Brooklynn Skyscrapers!

9/01/2020 1:53 pm  #26

Datgumit Pleasentview

9/02/2020 9:57 am  #27

1995 Semi-Finals

Lake Phoenix Land Sharks vs. Bayleigh Bluejays
Q1
Kai Macdonald 31 yard TD Run (7-0 Bayleigh)
Oliver Hussain 41 yard TD Pass from Connor Hussain (7-7 Tie)
Zac Thomas 12 yard TD Pass from Connor Hussain (14-7 Lake Phoenix)
Q2
Alfie Robinson 2 yard TD Run (21-7 Lake Phoenix)
Xavier Dickerson 51 yard Punt Return TD (21-14 Lake Phoenix)
Ivan Glass 14 yard TD Pass from Brendon Fischer (21-21 Tie)
Q3
Kai Macdonald 13 yard TD Run (28-21 Bayleigh)
Connor Hussain 15 yard TD Run (28-28 Tie)
Billy Matthews intercepts Brendon Fischer for a Pick-6 (35-28 Lake Phoenix)
Q4
Bruno Mccray 54 yard TD Pass from Brendon Fischer (35-35 Tie)
Kai Macdonald 3 yard TD Run (42-35 Bayleigh)

FINAL - Bayleigh 42, Lake Phoenix 35
(Side note: CRAZY game! Awesome back and forth ending with a huge upset.)

Battlefield Thunder vs. Brooklynn Skyscrapers
Q1
Clay Church 42 yard TD Pass from Channing Gates (7-0 Battlefield)
Jadon William 8 yard TD Run (14-0 Battlefield)
Q2
Bobby Hart 14 yard FG is good (14-3 Battlefield)
Bobby Hart 41 yard FG is good (14-6 Battlefield)
Bobby Hart 37 yard FG is good (14-9 Battlefield)
Q3
Bobby Hart 21 yard FG is good (14-12 Battlefield)
Stefan Norris 35 yard FG is good (17-12 Battlefield)
Ronald Keith 64 yard TD Run (19-17 Brooklynn)
Jadon William 2 yard TD Run (24-19 Battlefield)
London Jacobs fumble recovery for TD (26-24 Brooklynn)
Q4
Stefan Norris 43 yard FG is good (27-26 Battlefield)
Stefan Norris 13 yard FG is good (30-26 Battlefield)
Stefan Norris 21 yard FG is good (33-26 Battlefield)
Stefan Norris 50 yard FG is good (36-36 Battlefield)

FINAL - Battlefield 36, Brooklynn 26

Up next, 1995 National Championship:
Battlefield Thunder vs. Bayleigh Bluejays!

9/02/2020 4:08 pm  #28

Could I please get a Jays sig?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/04/2020 9:00 am  #29

1995 National Championship

Battlefield Thunder vs. Bayleigh Bluejays
Q1
Stanley Walsh kickoff return TD 99 yards (7-0 Bayleigh)
Stefan Norris 31 yard FG is good (7-3 Bayleigh)
Brooks Gibson 44 yard FG is good (10-3 Bayleigh)
Matthew Lyons 27 yard TD pass from Channing Gates (10-10 Tie)
Q2
Jadon William 13 yard TD Run (17-10 Battlefield)
Channing Gates 1 yard TD Run (24-10 Battlefield)
Brooks Gibson 33 yard FG is good (24-13 Battlefield)
Zak Burton intercepts Brendon Fischer for a Pick 6 (31-13 Battlefield)
Q3
Brooks Gibson 34 yard FG is good (31-16 Battlefield)
Brooks Gibson 21 yard FG is good (31-19 Battlefield)
Soren Salazar 31 yard TD Pass from Channing Gates (38-19 Battlefield)
Q4
Vihaan Webb sacks Brendon Fischer for a safety (40-19 Battlefield)
Jadon William 2 yard TD Run (47-19 Battlefield)
Larry Witt 48 yard TD Pass from Brendon Fischer (47-26 Battlefield)

FINAL - Battlefield 47, Bayleigh 26

In the end, Bayleigh just didn't have enough to complete the underdog journey and Battlefield ran away with the championship. The Thunder have a lot of work to do in the off-season to repeat as champions.

Up next, the 1995-1996 off-season and draft!

9/04/2020 9:01 am  #30

Congrats to the Thunder and the city of Battlefield

Board footera