Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2020 11:28 am  #11

Re: How You Chose Your Username

I chose Stickman because, when I was young, I drew stick people comics.  Started to get back into it, though I'll need better supplies because I know I'm too anal trying to make them look perfect.

Also, before I got married and introduced beer into my life, I was pretty anorexic, (or MANorexic as I'd use to joke)

8/30/2020 11:44 am  #12

My username also comes from three different parts. My username without the numbers was the screen name I used in almost all corners of the Internet in which I was active on for a good chunk of my life so far.

Dvd is my first name, but without any vowels
Bubba was my childhood nickname (mostly used by my mother)
27 is the number I wore while playing hockey

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (8/30/2020 11:46 am)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

8/30/2020 11:46 am  #13

In highschool basketball I shot the 3 at a pretty high rate. Somebody exclaimed "Another three point tally!" and it became my nickname. Then it became my online identity and I've been using it for 18 years.

It would later be used against me during golf when my friends would refer to me as 3PUTTtally.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

8/30/2020 10:04 pm  #14

I am a pro wrestling fan, and could do a solid impression of Shane McMahon's dance. A friend called me Dan O'Mac and it stuck. I have a very Polish last name, so the "O'Mac" definitely doesn't represent my heritage.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/30/2020 10:34 pm  #15

Take 2

I wish I could say I had a cool story behind it, but, alas, its pretty straight-forward. It was the first thing that I thought of when I joined the old site that represented who I was, without giving away too much personal info. 7 has always been my favorite number, so I tacked that onto the end. I kept the nickname when I made an account over here. I have thought about changing it from time-to-time, but I think its getting too late for that.

9/01/2020 7:28 am  #16

I ran in a race at camp one summer, and my bib number was 287. I thought it was kind of unique, so I just picked it when I was creating my account. I converted it to Roman numerals because I think they’re good looking.

9/01/2020 9:08 am  #17

Mines a joke... obviously. Just a twist on the best of the worst. A healthy scratch is a player that is rostered but not played on a night just because the coach doesn’t want them in the lineup. I’m the healthiest one making me the most desired guy to sit the bench for the night.

9/01/2020 9:33 am  #18

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Mines a joke... obviously. Just a twist on the best of the worst. A healthy scratch is a player that is rostered but not played on a night just because the coach doesn’t want them in the lineup. I’m the healthiest one making me the most desired guy to sit the bench for the night.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera