Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2020 8:35 pm  #1001

Re: AltHL Legacy

If I may speak honestly without getting shot down in flames, intercontinental leagues have always seemed fantastic and unrealistic to me. Like, yeah, sure European, Asian, South Ameriacan, and African teams SOUND all well and good, but they don't seem practical. FC Macbeth, I love the idea of an Asian team, I really do. The brand potential is just amazing, but I don't see how we can justify the expense and time sending a team to or from another continent. Vegas to Montreal IRL is a big enough trip as is.

This is not to say I don't think other continents can't play hockey, its to say I don't think they should be in a North American league. An Asian league would be cool, as would a European or African.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (8/30/2020 8:36 pm)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/30/2020 9:09 pm  #1002

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

If I may speak honestly without getting shot down in flames, intercontinental leagues have always seemed fantastic and unrealistic to me. Like, yeah, sure European, Asian, South Ameriacan, and African teams SOUND all well and good, but they don't seem practical. FC Macbeth, I love the idea of an Asian team, I really do. The brand potential is just amazing, but I don't see how we can justify the expense and time sending a team to or from another continent. Vegas to Montreal IRL is a big enough trip as is.

This is not to say I don't think other continents can't play hockey, its to say I don't think they should be in a North American league. An Asian league would be cool, as would a European or African.

Idea: World Youth Academies sponsored by the AltHL teams. Forming continental leagues and growing the game on world stage.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/30/2020 9:37 pm  #1003

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Idea: World Youth Academies sponsored by the AltHL teams. Forming continental leagues and growing the game on world stage.

Not a bad idea. A fun summer project with potential! 

8/31/2020 7:32 am  #1004

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

If I stand correct, Honolulu, Hawaii has the largest percentage of Asian-American people. A franchise here would feel home to me since there is a sizable Asian community. Plus, the nearest big cities from here is San Francisco with a flight duration of 5 hours.

Also, to add in the example of real life distance between the two cities, the distance between LA and Tokyo is over 5,000 miles with a duration of 11 hours. So, you're right about the unrealisticness of placing an AltHL team outside of North America.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/31/2020 7:56 am  #1005

Look as much as I want a team in Phoenix I would love to have the Owls. Quebec City is a fabulous city. I have been there several times and they deserve pro Hockey. If I become owner of the Owls I will make the Owls great again. I’m Rugrat and I approve this message
(P.S I Told FC MacBeth and Gritty I was going to make a push to buy the Owls and MacBeth said he would consider my offer)

8/31/2020 8:04 am  #1006

Rugrat wrote:

Look as much as I want a team in Phoenix I would love to have the Owls. Quebec City is a fabulous city. I have been there several times and they deserve pro Hockey. If I become owner of the Owls I will make the Owls great again. I’m Rugrat and I approve this message
(P.S I Told FC MacBeth and Gritty I was going to make a push to buy the Owls and MacBeth said he would consider my offer)

Gritty will have a process for new owners himself. Patience, young Padawan.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/31/2020 8:23 am  #1007

Rugrat wrote:

Just a heads up that I am interested in buying the team that’s all

8/31/2020 8:27 am  #1008

Rugrat wrote:

I meant anyone can PM me in regards to the ownership. So, yeah, I agree with the last one.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/31/2020 11:45 am  #1009

Sorry I take back what I said. I'll just sit back, relax and hope I get picked.

8/31/2020 11:55 am  #1010

If I become owner of the Owls, (I told Gritty and Macbeth I’m interested) I won’t change a thing about their branding, it’s the best in the league, but like Rugrat said, I’m just going to wait low and wait.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

Board footera