Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2020 9:09 pm  #11

Re: Canadian Premiere Hockey League

Section30 wrote:

I'm really excited to see this, it gives me Premier League vibes and I love it. I agree with what the others have said about Winnipeg being as far west as I would go, I think Halifax and Quebec City would also work and give smaller cities teams

Can't wait to see how this goes!

Well, I don't know anything about the Premier League aside from their amazing lion logo, so thanks man!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/26/2020 9:11 pm  #12

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

So, all of you rightfully agreed that travel would be an issue. I had planned expansion after a couple years to two eastern cities. What if they took Calgary and Edmonton's place as inaugural teams? I can put Calgary and Edmonton on the back burner and then add them a bit later on.

That sounds good! You should wait till at least after WW2 to add Calgary and Edmonton

8/26/2020 9:30 pm  #13

Rugrat wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

So, all of you rightfully agreed that travel would be an issue. I had planned expansion after a couple years to two eastern cities. What if they took Calgary and Edmonton's place as inaugural teams? I can put Calgary and Edmonton on the back burner and then add them a bit later on.

That sounds good! You should wait till at least after WW2 to add Calgary and Edmonton

I partially agree with after WWII, but I’d say not right after WWII. I’d slowly start out west, going first Winnipeg, then start slowly building out west, especially once air travel becomes commonplace. Also, major props to taking our considerations, Guard. That’s one of the best things to do here. Taking and molding plans according to response is very good of you. What cities are replacing?

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (8/26/2020 9:31 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/27/2020 5:38 am  #14

You'll see. And I never said cities....😏

8/27/2020 5:57 am  #15

Here is our first team, the gaudy Toronto Millionaires. While a decent team on paper, they suffer from what I call the Pittsburgh-Tampa Disorder. They know they're good, and the get cocky.

Their uniforms reflect this, being bright and gaudy in the classic colours of money, green and gold. Toronto is a promising team from the Ontario amateur system, often being the league champions. However, this success will harm them as they think their previous success means continued success.

Also, the presentation may not be the best, but I am an amateur comic artist who isn't familiar with digital art, so please bear with me.😂

Anyways, C+C appreciated as always!

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (9/10/2020 12:08 pm)

8/27/2020 10:06 am  #16

Toronto looks good! Like the green and tan color scheme

8/27/2020 10:18 am  #17

I like the energy of the presentation! What program are you using? If you have any questions about digital feel free to reach out! A lot of these threads started as ways to develop art skill and style, so you have plenty of resources who want to see you succeed. If you want to lean into the sketch comic look I’d suggest writing out Toronto on the jersey and the numbers. They look too clean and stick out because of it. If they were in the same style as the rest it be more cohesive. I like the colors and the jersey a lot, the yellow/white bleed does screw with the eyes when looking at the numbers, though. Maybe go for a green outline in the future.

8/27/2020 10:23 am  #18

This look is very solid! I’d agree with Scratch and either add an outline or just ditch the white stripes all together and go with green front lettering. Plus maybe darkening the green just a tad could offer a bit more contrast, but if it muddies the look, I understand.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/27/2020 12:12 pm  #19

This is going to be a fun thread. I had a lot of fun reading about the early, EARLY history of the NHL in the 1910's, 20's, when I was doing research for my Solar League. 

And I agree with many others. Edmonton and Calgary are probably just a little too far West to start with. Unless you start a whole Western League and they only meet the eastern teams in the finals...? 

8/27/2020 1:42 pm  #20

Scratch, I use Clip studio and I'm using this mainly as a way to improve my line art to the point where it won't stuck out as much.

Scratch and Miles, the horrid contrast was intentional. Plus, we won't have to worry about them for long. A change will come soon enough.

Roughrider, thanks and enjoy. Calgary and Edmonton are getting put on the back burner for now, and two other teams are taking their place.

Board footera