Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2020 5:37 pm  #31

Re: Playoff Hockey Is Back!

Down 2-0 after 20. FML.

8/11/2020 7:14 pm  #32

Quadruple Overtime, what a world we live in

8/11/2020 8:27 pm  #33

Welp the game that would not end has just ended

8/11/2020 8:33 pm  #34

How we feel about that breakaway prior to the goal?

8/11/2020 8:33 pm  #35

Live look in at Jonas Koorpisalo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDQ7kofMCE

The breakaway looked like a trip, should’ve been a penalty shot I think. No hold, but probably a trip.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (8/11/2020 8:35 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/11/2020 10:44 pm  #36

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

The breakaway looked like a trip, should’ve been a penalty shot I think. No hold, but probably a trip.

Not sure, honestly. That fact makes it a little easier for me to accept any non call because I’d rather have an in question play get let go in the playoffs instead of cost a team 2 minutes.

8/12/2020 8:02 am  #37

I may not be an Ohioan but I’m impressed with the Jackets this year. Staying in contention throughout most of the season without your previous #1 is impressive.

8/12/2020 8:03 am  #38

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Not sure, honestly. That fact makes it a little easier for me to accept any non call because I’d rather have an in question play get let go in the playoffs instead of cost a team 2 minutes.

I mean, Seth Jones had a questionable penalty earlier in the game. Not mad at the no call, but miffed at the consistency.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/12/2020 9:27 am  #39

I will say that the teams' and league are killing it on Twitter. Between the league sharing their in arena screen saying "It's time for the 7th period stretch", the Blue Jackets dropping a "Technically no one has left their seats to beat traffic", and the Hurricanes with a "Hey NHL, not to tattle but we were supposed to play at 8:00 and the Blue Jackets and Lightning won't get off the ice", I've got some additional entertainment.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/12/2020 2:17 pm  #40

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I will say that the teams' and league are killing it on Twitter. Between the league sharing their in arena screen saying "It's time for the 7th period stretch", the Blue Jackets dropping a "Technically no one has left their seats to beat traffic", and the Hurricanes with a "Hey NHL, not to tattle but we were supposed to play at 8:00 and the Blue Jackets and Lightning won't get off the ice", I've got some additional entertainment.

They definitely hired the right people lol

Other things that I thought were funny were the "Deja Vu?" in the BOS-CAR game when it got to 2OT, the Hurricanes tweeting out a "pain" meme when their game was pushed back, and the NHL posting a Jeopardy style Daily Double (Overtime) graphic on social media

Board footera