Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2020 7:34 pm  #551

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Gritty wrote:

They should just fold the CFL into Madden.  

The problem is in the rules:

12 players a side instead of 11.
1 point rouges being a thing
Center is the 55 yard line instead of the 50
Goalposts are in the end zone, and the end zones are way bigger and have weird rules with missed field goal kicks.

I know I am just thinking that they can make it a feature. NHL has the feature of playing with Juniors. And NBA 2k has college teams. That's all I meant. 

8/02/2020 9:22 pm  #552

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I'm going to sound pathetic, but I hardly recognize any names. Brady (obviously) and Julio Jones. I only recognize Marino from playing Longshot on Madden 18.

Yeah, I'm bad. I know the CFL better.

A pathetic question to add (I do not want you to be alone on the pathetic boat). Does the CFL have an equivalent of the Madden franchise? Obviously not in terms of quality, but is there something? If so, is it worth it?

Lol, thanks for the company.

To answer your question, however, I have two parts. First, CFL Football '99, foe unknown platforms  and Madden NFL 12 Create-A-Team. Had the whole damn CFL on the, including the reincarnated Schooners. The EA team apparently has a working CFL game on their servers but t hasn't been released or licensed. It's sad, cause the CFL is an amazing game.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/02/2020 11:08 pm  #553

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/03/2020 10:59 am  #554

I could see the Madden PC modding community potentially doing something with the CFL, although probably only with the aesthetic changes. Trying to program the CFL rule changes into the game would be practically creating an entirely new game.

8/03/2020 2:03 pm  #555

Would still be worth it. The games is SO much better than the NFL.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/08/2020 12:13 pm  #556

Welp, can't blame the WTFs for what they did, but I don't suppose I could interest anyone in Derrius Guice now?

8/10/2020 11:36 pm  #557

sportsfan7 wrote:

Welp, can't blame the WTFs for what they did, but I don't suppose I could interest anyone in Derrius Guice now?

Update: After the news today that he allegedly choked his girlfriend unconscious, I cut him. If the allegations are true, I highly doubt he will play another down in the NFL.

8/12/2020 5:51 pm  #558

Experts, any Beavers that have opted out yet?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/12/2020 6:37 pm  #559

8/28/2020 9:42 am  #560

Hey everyone! 

Believe it or not we are just 13 days away from the kickoff of our first AltFL season.  A few items...

1.) The Schedule: I have uploaded our AltFL schedule onto the Fantrax site. If you could play around with the site and check out your schedule.  Make sure there were no bugs or mixups.  Just DM me if you find something, I will get it fixed as soon as I can.  

2.) ALTFL Preview: would anyone be interested in do some research and writing up some team previews and rankings.  I was thinking of publishing the week of the season a preview like on of the magazines you'd get at the store. If you're interested in doing a deep dive - the group will divide and conquer the league and we'll post it before opening weekend.  DM me if you're interested. 

Board footera