Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2020 6:09 pm  #31

Re: Washington to retire name

Gritty wrote:

I've always thought that 'Wolves' was a great and very underutilized name in all of sports.  I think there is something to wanting HTTR though.  

They are going to need to sit down and discuss which part of the brand they are able to keep.  

Its only professional use is with the Minnesota Timberwolves, quite possibly the worst franchise in professional sports ever.

7/15/2020 6:30 pm  #32

CCLXXXVII wrote:

I actually heard earlier today that the old logo was designed by a Native American, which got me thinking: could they keep the logo?

While yes, it does depict a Native American, it’s not like Chief Wahoo where it is designed to be offensive. It’s just a realistic drawing of one.

It’s more than likely not going to happen due to wanting to get rid of everything related to the old identity, and it would severely limit the name choices they could use.

I don’t know. Kinda just thinking out loud.

Yeah I heard that too. But they have already come out and said that they have retired the name AND the logo. 

7/15/2020 6:41 pm  #33

Personally I would change the name to Warriors, while changing to the spear logo.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

7/15/2020 6:45 pm  #34

Enigmajones wrote:

Personally I would change the name to Warriors, while changing to the spear logo.

While it does sound cool and Florida State does have pretty cool uniforms I figure they are going to go for a whole change and not a half change.  

I wonder how long we'll have to wait to find out!

7/23/2020 5:50 pm  #35

The team will be known as the Washington Football Team for this at least this season, until they reveal a new identity.

Board footera