Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2020 10:09 pm  #1

Ottawa Senators Appear to go Back to the Future

Chris Creamer and The Athletic posted that the Sens are finally going to hang up the 3D centurion and the RBK Edge uniforms. The alleged design is almost identical to their original jerseys from 1992.

I must say that both as an amateur designer and a Sens fan, thank god. They took their damn time.

Anyways, leave your hate or support for the team, your hate or your support for the design, and your hate or support for the Leafs below.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/13/2020 10:15 pm  #2

Re: Ottawa Senators Appear to go Back to the Future

I'm happy they're changing from their god awful current duds, but I don't think that going back to the old 2D Centurion and uniforms is the right move.

Their current secondary logo is a perfect modernized version of the original and would work way better on the from of a jersey. I've always liked the original Sens jerseys, but I think that they could totally pull off a version of their barberpole jerseys with their secondary logo on the front instead of the O.

Overall I am happy because their current look is arguably the worst in the league IMO, but I'm not thrilled about their decision to go back.

7/13/2020 10:17 pm  #3

Oh I think it's great, I always preferred that logo. Every time I do a Sens Rebuild on Franchise mode, I always used that logo. And yes Toronto can suck a large one, I'm putting them as my new "Montreal" where they play this incredibly soft serve game..and then complain hoping for penalties when people "Bully them" around.

7/14/2020 7:55 am  #4

Darknes wrote:

Oh I think it's great, I always preferred that logo. Every time I do a Sens Rebuild on Franchise mode, I always used that logo. And yes Toronto can suck a large one, I'm putting them as my new "Montreal" where they play this incredibly soft serve game..and then complain hoping for penalties when people "Bully them" around.

I am a big believer that uniforms should be left relatively alone.  Because eventually they will become classic and cool again.  Think about the trend in hockey uniforms in the last few years.  It's all about moving back to their 'classic look'.  Flames, Flyers, Arizona, Edmonton, Buffalo.  I always liked the 2D Sens look.  They switched when reebok made the entire look the same and they have held onto that tired 'new' look like grim death.  This is a great move. 

7/14/2020 8:30 am  #5

As happy as I am for this move by the Sens, I still think that their brand isn't great. What they SHOULD do is wear the NHL 100 as their home, a white version as the away, and the black O's as the alternate. That would be the best look for the Sens that they could do. No rebrand I've seen, even my own, that uses the centurian looks as "right" as the O sets.

7/18/2020 10:08 pm  #6

And now the Sens seem to be brining back their original logo with extra gold. A team sweater on NHLShop has a updated 2D Centurion where the 3D one normally sits.

So, are the Sens really doing this? Or do you think their just being a tease and showing the fans what they can't have, a la Duchene and Stone?

Board footera