Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2020 3:45 pm  #981

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

AltFL Owners and Fans! 

Now that the Owner Draft and Rookie Draft are behind us we are going to move on to two important elements of the AltFL Experience.  The first is the Legacy Project and the second is the Fantasy Draft

1. The Legacy Project
Starting next week we will begin the AltFL Legacy Project.  The goal is to entertain and give our teams a history that will make them more interesting.  There are few things that we need to decide before we move forward.  
A. What era do we want to play in?
B. Do we want to have histories of two separate leagues? Or do we want to build the history of the AltFL by awarding Alt Bowls 1-20 in the Legacy project and then playing for Alt Bowl 21 in our first real 'modern day' season.
C. If we choose two leagues, how should they be designed? East vs. West? Or more of an AFL/NFL situation?

https://forms.gle/MJjF6nihSE7gemvk9

2. The Fantasy Draft
Below is the lottery and the draft order. In the survey is a quick question about when you would be available for the draft.  We will pick the time that works for the greatest number of people.  Please try to be flexible.  

7/07/2020 3:57 pm  #982

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/07/2020 4:42 pm  #983

I'll take 7th. Was really just hoping for top 10 honestly. 

7/07/2020 5:02 pm  #984

New York getting #1  in the first ever draft lottery. Cue the frozen envelope theories!

7/07/2020 5:03 pm  #985

Damn, shame my lottery luck didn't carry over to the IMPORTANT ONE

7/07/2020 5:09 pm  #986

sportsfan7 wrote:

New York getting #1  in the first ever draft lottery. Cue the frozen envelope theories!

But then I realized: I make that pick... then have to wait 46 picks for my next one.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/07/2020 5:11 pm  #987

What are the odds that the Galactics get the pick right before me? Well I'll gladly take that 4th overall pick

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

7/07/2020 5:13 pm  #988

This may have been answered already, but is this going to be a draft where say, the Emperors pick first, but don't pick again till 48th?  O do they always pick first each round, (so 1st, then 25th).  If it's the former, then you could argue that having a pick in the middle of the order is actually better!   Sure you won't get the top 10, (in my case) picks, but you won't have to wait 40 some picks to go again either.  You'll just get consistent picks, preventing the risk of your season being over if your first couple picks go down to injury.

Judging by that, I'd say the real winners would be the Voyageurs and Bandits, (although the Sabercats and Phantoms would have it made nicely too)!  

7/07/2020 5:25 pm  #989

Stickman wrote:

This may have been answered already, but is this going to be a draft where say, the Emperors pick first, but don't pick again till 48th?  O do they always pick first each round, (so 1st, then 25th).  If it's the former, then you could argue that having a pick in the middle of the order is actually better!   Sure you won't get the top 10, (in my case) picks, but you won't have to wait 40 some picks to go again either.  You'll just get consistent picks, preventing the risk of your season being over if your first couple picks go down to injury.

Judging by that, I'd say the real winners would be the Voyageurs and Bandits, (although the Sabercats and Phantoms would have it made nicely too)!  

You'd be correct. It is a snake draft style like we did for the Rookie Draft.

7/07/2020 5:27 pm  #990

5th is good and bad. Obviously it's a bit of a wait coming back around, but I'll be able to take a top-tier player. 

Board footera