Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2020 6:08 pm  #881

Re: AltHL Legacy

Wow, lets go, way to finish out the project Goyles! And way to go Gritty, this project has been outstanding and I've enjoyed every minute. 

8/21/2020 7:34 pm  #882

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I have no idea who that first guy is on the all time team, man that’s rough.

I wanna say that's Aaron Ward?

8/21/2020 7:36 pm  #883

Yeah, definitely gotta agree that you hit it out of the park.... errr rink Gritty!  Great job with this project!

Surprised to see the Titans won 8 division titles out of a 10 year run, if the puck had bounced the right way just a couple times, we easily could have bee the most dominate team in the whole project!

Just a word on the Bighorns, always loved that logo and the color scheme is pretty neat.  Perhaps though it is appropriate for the brown team to be the worst in the league, much like how the Browns and Padres really don't have much to speak for in their histories (well the Browns were dominate back in the 50's, but let's face facts, nobody remembers/cares anymore about that).   On the bright side QCS, at least when you do finally win the big one, it'll be a huge deal like when the Cubs won the World Series!   

8/21/2020 8:39 pm  #884

Stickman wrote:

Just a word on the Bighorns, always loved that logo and the color scheme is pretty neat.  Perhaps though it is appropriate for the brown team to be the worst in the league, much like how the Browns and Padres really don't have much to speak for in their histories (well the Browns were dominate back in the 50's, but let's face facts, nobody remembers/cares anymore about that).   On the bright side QCS, at least when you do finally win the big one, it'll be a huge deal like when the Cubs won the World Series!   

I suppose so, though my complete lack of hockey knowledge will probably prevent that from happening. Never say never though!

Darknes wrote:

I wanna say that's Aaron Ward?

A quick search through Wikipedia agrees. 

8/21/2020 8:47 pm  #885

Okay, QCS, here’s some tips:

Milan Lucic is overpowered
PK Subban’s ratings have soared since he got to NJ
Sergei Bobrovski is a worthy investment
Nolan Patrick has soared above expectations as a 2nd overall pick

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/21/2020 9:00 pm  #886

I've hard Pekka Rinne is just too good right now, I feel like I shouldn't pass him up!

All jokes aside, of those four players, I've only heard of PK Subban. I really want to get into hockey but without an actual local team it's really hard to, so I've only heard of the superstars. Connor McDavid, Ovechkin, Crosby, Subban, Fluery, Marchessault, and maybe a couple others? I couldn't name a single Hurricane if you put a gun to my head (maybe Staal after looking at the all-time Bighorns) and I have literally no idea what good fantasy strategy is. I'm not expecting a good first year, but hopefully getting into the swing of things should give me the experience necessary to improve.

8/21/2020 9:11 pm  #887

I'm expecting Quebec to be ranked about 13th or 12th. Only reaching the championship finals once in 2002 but that's the only chance the Owls have gotten close to winning one.

For the all time greats, the likes of Gretzky and Robintalle were great players who contributed a lot to regular season performances. It's a shame they left the team empty handed. But hey, at least they made into the all star roster.

However, on the draft picks section, you might think Quebec are in the middle of a rebuild for basement dweller to contenders of the cup. And you'll be correct when you look at studs like Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, Voynov and Doughty who, despite fighting in a strong division, stick around until finally qualifying for the playoffs in what would become the last AtlHL legecy. Granted, they've only made into post season no less than seven times, but the last time they've clinch a playoff bearth was nearly decade ago.

Who knows where the future will be heading.

Last edited by FC Macbeth (8/21/2020 9:12 pm)

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/21/2020 9:12 pm  #888

QCS wrote:

I've hard Pekka Rinne is just too good right now, I feel like I shouldn't pass him up!

All jokes aside, of those four players, I've only heard of PK Subban. I really want to get into hockey but without an actual local team it's really hard to, so I've only heard of the superstars. Connor McDavid, Ovechkin, Crosby, Subban, Fluery, Marchessault, and maybe a couple others? I couldn't name a single Hurricane if you put a gun to my head (maybe Staal after looking at the all-time Bighorns) and I have literally no idea what good fantasy strategy is. I'm not expecting a good first year, but hopefully getting into the swing of things should give me the experience necessary to improve.

Thing is that Staal on your All-time team isn't even on the Canes anymore, he's on the Wild. The Staal who is on the team is his brother Jordan.

8/21/2020 9:14 pm  #889

I'm definitely thinking that Boston will be in the Top 5..possibly even top 3? Without a doubt, Toronto is probably getting that Number 1 slot. 

8/22/2020 7:30 am  #890

Next on our tour of the AltHL are the Quebec Owls. The Owls were cursed on both ends of the Legacy Project. If the Project had been extended in either direction they may have had more success.  The Owls, led by FC Macbeth started off in a strong way.  Led by the Great One, Wayne Gretzky the Owls were playoff bound.  They advanced to the finals against Halifax in 2002.  Gretzky won the first three league MVP awards.  Luc Robitaille was also a force in the league, making four all star teams on his own.  

WAYNE GRETZKY is our first inductee into the AltHL Hall of Fame. At first, I was going to have us vote on the Hall of Fame but the nominations were so overwhelming for our inductees I figured I'd save us some time.  The teams with inductees will have a HOF badge on their team post.

Board footera