Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2020 8:50 am  #871

Re: AltHL Legacy

Gritty, you killed this project, major props to you for all the hard work you put into this project from start to now.

Moving forward, since we're combining the leagues, is there any plan for the trophies to continue on? I'd like to throw out that the regular season champion wins the Canadian Shield and the playoff champion wins the Adams Cup to continue on their legacy. 

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

8/21/2020 8:59 am  #872

3pointtally wrote:

Gritty, you killed this project, major props to you for all the hard work you put into this project from start to now.

Moving forward, since we're combining the leagues, is there any plan for the trophies to continue on? I'd like to throw out that the regular season champion wins the Canadian Shield and the playoff champion wins the Adams Cup to continue on their legacy. 

Thanks. I was thinking about that too. I am definitely open to what other people are thinking. My initial though would be that the Canadian team with the best record each season would win the Shield and the best American team would win the Adams. And then we have a new Alt Cup for the winner of the 'new league'.  But like i said I am up for anything.

8/21/2020 3:31 pm  #873

So cool to see the whole history in vivid format! Great job on this project. I'm happy my Kingfishers could finish it out back on top with a little two-peat.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/21/2020 3:49 pm  #874

The graphic doees a fine job showing the utter agony of Charlotte and the playoffs. After all the hardships, I’ll be more or less content with just one Adams Cup, but disappointed we don’t have more.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/21/2020 4:04 pm  #875

Gritty wrote:

3pointtally wrote:

Thanks. I was thinking about that too. I am definitely open to what other people are thinking. My initial though would be that the Canadian team with the best record each season would win the Shield and the best American team would win the Adams. And then we have a new Alt Cup for the winner of the 'new league'.  But like i said I am up for anything.

I like this idea, reward the Canadian/American team with the most points the Shield/Adams Cup, give the best overall team the Gritty Cup, then give the playoff champion the Alt Cup. I additionally propose that Minnesota stay in contention for the Shield as is tradition, rather than shifting them to competing for the Adams Cup. 

8/21/2020 4:06 pm  #876

As part of the closing ceremonies to the AltHL Legacy Project we will be looking closely at each AltHL Franchise.  I'll try to do a couple a day.  Counting up from #18.  These rankings are more subjective than formulaic.  I figure this way people can argue with me and tell me what they believe the rankings to be.  For now let's begin with #18.

The Denver Bighorns begin our list.  Perhaps they were doomed from the start. During the Owner Draft they were very publicly the second choice of their owner QCS.  QCS had lobbies for the city of Charlotte, was integral in the Racers uniform design and was planning to select them only to have the rug pulled out from under them by Edgeworth.  The Bighorns made the first ever AHA playoffs.  Like all three of the appearances in the playoffs they were disposed of quickly.  Each time the 'Horns made the playoffs they were eliminated by the New York Gargoyles.  Denver was ironically matchup with the Hartford Whalers and eventually the Carolina Hurricanes.

The Bighorns take the lowest spot in our power rankings because of their limited playoff appearances, failure to appear in a finals and only 2 out of the 120 available all star spots.  The All Time Team may not feature the biggest names but they are all fan favorites and deceptively strong players.  

As a Colorado resident I can attest that despite a couple of decades of futility the fans of The Hockey Mountains are passionate and raring for the AltHL's inaugural 2020 season.

8/21/2020 4:07 pm  #877

I'm conflicted, my Loons were definitely among the best teams in this whole thing, making the finals 8 times in the 20 year span of the league... only to win just two Shields

I'm thrilled to have some banners hanging at the Twin Cities Gardens, but man it would have been nice not to choke SIX TIMES

8/21/2020 4:08 pm  #878

QCS wrote:

Forget about winning it, the Bighorns are the only team to never even make the championship finals. And to think, I would've selected the Gargoyles. Hindsight is 20/20 and life is pain.

Just get good players in the fantasy draft, and you can switch things up.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/21/2020 4:10 pm  #879

This is fine.

Last edited by QCS (8/21/2020 4:10 pm)

8/21/2020 4:15 pm  #880

I have no idea who that first guy is on the all time team, man that’s rough.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera