Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2020 11:41 am  #591

Re: AltHL Legacy

Ggs to both. Going for Chicago, despite liking the Saws roster better. Yeah, I don't understand myself either.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/02/2020 1:51 pm  #592

Lord, my roster reads most above average group of 2000s that the NHL could give. Not saying it’s a bad team but there are no big stars that define the 2000s in my eyes. Fun fact: The Portland Sawblades have the most dreads per capita in the league. Another fun fact: Georges Laraque once led the a workout of my 16u team in Utah. Why was he there? No clue. I hope he is doing ok right now after his COVID-19 scare.

7/03/2020 9:42 am  #593

Canadian Shield XIII Finals
Toronto Terriers versus Montreal Chevaliers

While the AHA features two teams looking for their first title, the Shield Finals features two bitter rivals looking to add to their trophy cases.  The defending champion Chevaliers had both the MVP and GOY on their roster.  In an epic 7game series the rematch of last year's final we got a different story.  There was only so long we could keep the Terriers down.  

The 2012 Adams Cup Finals
Chicago Ghosts versus Portland Sawblades

Whoever wins this series would be a first time champion.  The Ghosts are in their first ever postseason experience.  This year they kicked down the door to the playoffs came on in and put their feet up on the couch.  They owned the playoffs and took home the Adams for the first time!

7/03/2020 9:47 am  #594

Excuse me while I go jump out a window real quick. 10 postseasons and no cups, then Chicago getting one the first time?!?!?! This is an outrage!!! No hard feelings Chicago, I’m just bitter.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/03/2020 10:05 am  #595

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Excuse me while I go jump out a window real quick. 10 postseasons and no cups, then Chicago getting one the first time?!?!?! This is an outrage!!! No hard feelings Chicago, I’m just bitter.

It's almost if you were cursed...

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/03/2020 10:12 am  #596

We finally did it, boys!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/03/2020 11:19 am  #597

TWO!? We now have TWO All-Stars!? Maybe that's why we didn't win. 

7/03/2020 1:11 pm  #598

Well I feel a bit better about losing to Chicago knowin they won the whole thing. But how did Chicago do it? They were nonexistent for a decade and then decided they want a cup all of a sudden?

7/03/2020 1:45 pm  #599

Today, The Terriers won their first Canadian Shield in nine years. And considering how long it’s taken for a roster of this caliber, that’s a big deal. So, Ice Age Entertainment and the Toronto City Council present the official Toronto Terriers Championship Parade Route:

We’d also like to say that at the end of the route, we’re going to smash some Yule Logs into tiny crumbs. So take that, French-speaking Canada.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (7/03/2020 1:45 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/03/2020 1:46 pm  #600

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Well I feel a bit better about losing to Chicago knowin they won the whole thing. But how did Chicago do it? They were nonexistent for a decade and then decided they want a cup all of a sudden?

Portland decided we wanted to make an alliance with the city so we gave the championship to Chicago. Unfortunately, we do not understand how alliances work in sports and now our fanbase thinks it's a rival.

Teams that Portland sees as rivals
Halifax
New York 
Chicago

Teams that see Portland as rivals

Team that maybe should be considered a rival
...Boston?

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (7/03/2020 1:46 pm)

Board footera