Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2020 6:41 am  #521

Re: AltHL Legacy

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Now I'm just picturing the Wranglers running cable with the banners across the open air above the ice.

That doesn't sound so bad tbh.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/22/2020 8:20 am  #522

To get ourselves back on track.  Let's begin the 2011 Season!

-The long time star and captain of the Gargoyles, Ray Bourque was traded to the Chevaliers.  
-IRL the Wild and Blue Jackets joined the league as the 29th and 30th franchises.  
-The AltHL officially adds a fourth referee - an extra official (orange band guy)
-After a 3.5 retirement, Mario Lemieux returns to play with the Racers.  

The 2011 Draft
1 - Rick DiPietro - G - Ghosts
5 - Raffi Torres - F - Ghosts

7 - Lars Jonsson - D - Gargoyles
10 - Mikhail Yakubov - F - Kingfishers
11 - Pavel Vorobiev - F - Kingfishers
13 - Ron Hainsey - D - Dragons
14 - Vaclav Nedorost - F - Chevaliers
15 - Artyon Kryukov - F - Arrows
16 - Marcel Hossa - F - Dragons
17 - Alexei Mikhnov - F - Sawblades
18 - Brooks Orpik - D - Racers
20 - Alexander Frolov - F - Owls
22 - David Hale - D - Loons
24 - Brad Boyes - F - Wranglers
25 - Steve Ott - F - Titans
26 - Brian Sutherby - F - Seawolves
27 - Martin Samuelsson - D - Gargoyles
28 - Justin Williams - F - Glaciers
29 - Niklas Kronwall - D - Terriers

30 - Jeff Taffe - F - Rovers
-----------------------------------------------------
171 - Roman Cechmanek - G - Glaciers
205 - Henrik Lundqvist - G - Founders
-----------------------------------------------------
Notable Non AltHL Draft Picks
44 - Illya Bryzgalov - Mighty Ducks
33 - Nick Schultz - Wild
2 - Dany Heatley Thrashers
3 - Marian Gaborik - Wild
6 - Scott Hartnell - Predators

6/22/2020 10:41 am  #523

Oh dear, it’s DiPietro. Tough times here for Chicago. Oh well, we got the good Brooks Orpik!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/22/2020 12:07 pm  #524

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Oh dear, it’s DiPietro. Tough times here for Chicago. Oh well, we got the good Brooks Orpik!

The guy was a wall until his big contract (If I’m not mistaken). Give Chicago a couple of years before that “Oh dear”. Torres at 5 deserves a bigger oh dear for that team.

Love having the Oilers as my team. Literally the one NHL team I could care less to follow during the time.... given I was about 4, but the statement still stands.

6/22/2020 12:19 pm  #525

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

The guy was a wall until his big contract (If I’m not mistaken). Give Chicago a couple of years before that “Oh dear”. Torres at 5 deserves a bigger oh dear for that team.

Love having the Oilers as my team. Literally the one NHL team I could care less to follow during the time.... given I was about 4, but the statement still stands.

With the hindsight we have today, it’s a pretty big oh dear all around.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/22/2020 1:02 pm  #526

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

With the hindsight we have today, it’s a pretty big oh dear all around.

Solve for x
New York Islanders = NHL oh dear
Chicago Ghosts = AltHL oh dear

Chicago Ghosts + New York Islanders = x

Some simple math here.

6/23/2020 8:11 am  #527

The year was 2011.  Charlie Sheen was 'winning' but really losing as he was kicked off of Two and a Half Men.  The world was captivated by the Royal Wedding and Seal Team 6 found Osama Bin Laden.  The Casey Anthony case dominated the news and the Shuttle Atlantis was the last of the 30-year shuttle program.  Occupy Wall Street started in Zuccotti Park, Steve Jobs is mourned in the Silicon Valley and Lindsey Lohan was in legal trouble.  The USWNT is upset by Japan in the World Cup in Germany.  The Social Network and the King's Speech were a couple of the top movies.  Adele was at the top of the charts with Rolling in the Deep, Katy Perry released Firework and Bruno Mars released Grenade.  Parks and Rec and Breaking Bad were in full swing while we said goodbye to Friday Night Lights and saw the premiers of big hits such as Homeland and Game of Thrones.But the most important part of that year...the AltHL Season.

The 2011 Season! 
This was a season in which the standings are a little out of whack.  Look at the pure dominance of the CHL.  Somehow all but one team are above 90 points, all four playoff teams are above 100, and the Arrows miss the playoffs with 98 points.  They would have been the third seed in the AHA playoffs.  But unfortunately for them that is not how it works.

The Chevs jump back into the playoffs and with the Gritty Cup.  CHL stalwarts Toronto, Minnesota and Vancouver return for another title run.  In the AHA we have a return of the Racers.  The Rovers look to repeat, while LA and Seattle rep the West once again.  

Canadian Shield XII Playoffs
#1 Montreal Chevaliers versus #4 Vancouver Glaciers

#2 Toronto Terriers versus #3 Minnesota Loons

2011 Adams Cup Playoffs
#1 Los Angeles Titans versus #4 Charlotte Racers

#2 Boston Rovers versus #3 Seattle Seawolves

6/23/2020 8:20 am  #528

Whoo whooo! Let's go boys! Three clean 100+ point seasons for my boys? Hell yeah man! And only 9 years to go for the present day? Even better.

Enjoy your time off, Vancouver, Minnesota, and Seattle. Clean sweeps boys, let's go!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/23/2020 9:58 am  #529

Yup, that seems about right. Back to back then back to the back of the pack. We will someday soon ride again.

6/23/2020 11:17 am  #530

So freaking close! Hasek can only do so much.

Board footera