Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2020 1:37 pm  #301

Re: AltHL Legacy

Whoa whoa. Gritty? Really? Chara ad Kaberle are pretty damn good, man. Not exactly rough.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/25/2020 1:45 pm  #302

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Whoa whoa. Gritty? Really? Chara ad Kaberle are pretty damn good, man. Not exactly rough.

I’ve never been a fan of Chara, but if I have to make a claim to “rough” with no Chara bias I’d say compare it to the draft that took place a year before. A tad underwhelming when put head to head.

5/25/2020 3:06 pm  #303

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Those are fine players, Chara especially.  When I post the drafts I typically highlight notable players who went to all star games or players that I just liked from my childhood fandom.  When I said, rough, I meant comparatively to other drafts we've seen in the past.  My first hockey number ever was because of Zubrus - after that Chara wasn't picked until #56.  So 'rough' is referring to the fact that I wasn't able to really put other players from the top 55.  The notable standout was Danny Briere (another favorite of mine) at 24, he just didn't go to an AltHL team.  

You'll see my point when we get to next year's monster draft.

5/25/2020 6:07 pm  #304

Guys, I love Ottawa and Toronto IRL, so what did you expect? I totally get it. I'm merely kidding, and didn't out /s at the end, my bad.

And as for future expansion, please count me in for the owners draft.

5/25/2020 6:19 pm  #305

sevsdast wrote:

Will there be expansion?

As of now, we don't know. It's entirely up to Gritty whether or not the league expands, but it probably won't happen until after the first season is played, at minimum. I recommend you be patient and see how things progress.

5/25/2020 6:26 pm  #306

Yeah we are going to see how the first season goes and then think about expanding.  We'll be flexible with it...based off of interest and how it goes.  If all of the original owners want to stay on after the first year I think expanding to new teams are definitely possible.  If some people want to drop out we can replace their spot with new owners.  We shall see though! 

5/25/2020 7:06 pm  #307

sevsdast wrote:

First day on the boards, sorry for going crazy today.

No worries, glad to have you!

5/26/2020 9:13 am  #308

We officially enter our eighth season.  That means we have been at this particular project for 8 weeks.  Have we really be in quarantine that long? Even longer actually.  

This season the defending champion Chevs stormed out to the best record in hockey.  The Loons jump back into the playoff mix.  The AHA's East Division continues to dominate the league as the once again sent 3 of the 4 teams to the postseason.  In fact that has been the case for the last four seasons.  The Titans have taken Philly's mantle as the current yo-yo team.  Also notice the slight ascent of both Portland and Chicago.  Will this yeah FINALLY be Charlotte's year? or will the curse play on? Philly is going for their third Adams Cup and second in a row.  For the teams that haven't sniffed the playoffs...I urge patience as the first decade of our league draws to a close a new decade breathes new life to teams that need it.  

The Canadian Shield VIII Playoffs

#1 Montreal Chevaliers versus #4 Toronto Terriers
The rivals collide once again. Sakic v. Yzerman, Roy v. Osgood, Lemieux v. Draper, Forsberg v. Fedorov.  

#2 Minnesota Loons versus #3 Vancouver Glaciers
Both teams looking for their second shield square off in a battle of teams on the rise.  

The 2007 Adams Cup Playoffs

#1 Los Angeles Titans versus #4 Boston Rovers
I only truly realized this but as I put these two teams together I realized that their colors match the famed Celtics-Lakers rivalry.  A cross-country clash.

#2 Philadelphia Founders versus #3 Charlotte Racers
The defending champions versus the challengers from Charlotte.  This is the third all time postseason meeting between these two, that includes last year's Adams Cup Finals.

5/26/2020 10:56 am  #309

Wow, all three of my teams are in! In that case, let's go Toronto and Boston!

5/26/2020 11:01 am  #310

Just 2 points, smh Arrows, we need to be in the playoffs to win. 

Board footera